🐈
» Forums » Clients » which nations are best in freelancing?
Page options
65a34cf0
Community Member

which nations are best in freelancing?

Which country has the best in class freelancers? Where can I expect the easiest value for money services?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

There are no answers to those questions. It depends on what you need and what you can afford.

In general the old saying "You get what you pay for" is particularly valid in Freelancing and quite often "cheap" turns out more expensive in the long run.

As one of my clients said to me not long ago: "I can't afford to hire cheap freelancers..."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

There are no answers to those questions. It depends on what you need and what you can afford.

In general the old saying "You get what you pay for" is particularly valid in Freelancing and quite often "cheap" turns out more expensive in the long run.

As one of my clients said to me not long ago: "I can't afford to hire cheap freelancers..."

65a34cf0
Community Member

Thank you Madam Petra,

I now think I should hire expensive freelancers only so that I can have a better benefit and quality work. Thanks for the great advice. 🙂

sachinvrg
Community Member

Dear Harshmeen, 

Greetings from India, 

No specific answer to your question, sometime you may get the cheapest quote but you cannot be sure of the quality of work. 

All kind of freelancers you can find everywhere. 

All the best. 

Sachin Vairagi 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

There is high-quality talent (and scam artists) in most disciplines and skills all over the world, but a client shouldn't expect to find many US-based freelancers on Upwork who can help them with their oil palm business or Australian-based freelancers who are knowledgeable about sled dogs.

It would be interesting if Upwork would provide an average Job Success Score for freelancers based on the country they work from. The JSS is a flawed measure, but those flaws would at least be consistent across each country's aggregate score. 

As a freelancer, I’d like to see a measurement similar to the JSS for clients, and seeing that by country would be very interesting.

I have noticed some similarity in ease of working with certain nationalities as clients, but my sample set is too small to be reliable. I don’t yet select clients to work with based on their country.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths