cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work

khaled i Member Since: Feb 5, 2017
1 of 7
Good day ,

I’m Khaled from Turkey , we are a leader IT company in Turkey and we are interested to invest +50K USD for Mobile projects .

We found the best one who could satisfy our needs and after we contacted him he told us Upwork became suck because Upwork does not offer support .

Also he told us ,  he could not work on Upwork because his account is suspneded , although he worked with you for more than one year and made 14 projects .

Anyway , it is not my bussiness because there are many other freelancers , at the same time this is my first trial on Upwork and i’m worry about my money because our contract with you will be for a long term relationship with high budget +50K USD .

I need to know if this person whose account is suspneded is telling me the truth or not .

I could send all details about him if anyone is interested to offer support to me "

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

@khaled i wrote:

Also he told us ,  he could not work on Upwork because his account is suspneded , although he worked with you for more than one year and made 14 projects .

Stay away from suspended freelancers. They are suspended for a reason.

Upwork is very safe for clients provided they take the time to educate themselves how contracts work, and for a contract of this size I would strongly suggest that you and your project managers look at freelancers with several years and a lot more history than someone with only just over a dozen, and also quite possibly hire several freelancers for an initial paid test job to see how they perform.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 7

Hi khaled,

Thanks for posting your concern in the Community. Note that we do offer support to clients, who can communicate with our team regarding any aspect of their Upwork experience, use our assistance program designed to help new clients post a job and find right talent for their project, use Upwork Payment Protection programs, find tips and advice in the Hiring Headquarters, Help Center and in the Client Community forum. I would advise you to review the resources we compiled here and follow up on this thread with any questions you might have.  

Khaled I Member Since: Feb 6, 2017
4 of 7
"Yes you are right Petra and we made a test for a person  we selected him .

To be honest with you i'm confused because the selected software manager  sent to me a video to prove that his account is banned from posting on your community forums and banned from customer support .

It is something abnormal for #1 freelancer company ( Upwork ) to block people like this way .

I told you before i'm caring about my money  ( +50K  USD) and if something wrong happened in my contract and there is pending money on Upwork, i will lose my money .

Will you block me like you did with this one ? 
Community Guru
5 of 7

Why would You care whether a freelancer who was banned from Upwork can post in the community or not?

Why would Upwork give someone whose account and participation in the service give a former member who is now suspended access to its resources?

You can't hire that person on Upwork, select another freelancer who has not been banned.

I am sure Support will see the job you posted on Upwork, all your applicants and all your communications with that freelancer and all the other applicants...

Community Guru
6 of 7

PS, you do know that your story doesn't add up at all, in any way, shape, or form, don't you? 

You accidentally responded from your freelancer account from Egypt which proves it, your "client account" is a duplicate..... Nothing on your freelancer account puts you in Turkey or hints at an ability to spend $ 50 000 any time soon.......

Ace Contributor
William S Member Since: Feb 7, 2017
7 of 7

Was going to say you can't make this up... oh wait, you can.

Petra 'Poirot' R.

---
72.4% of all stats are made up including this one.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS