🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: wrong invoice amounts on Upwork invoices
Page options
768c416c
Community Member

wrong invoice amounts on Upwork invoices

Reports -> Transactions menu shows invoices which for some reason don't match our credit card payments.

For example, for a recent job I've posted, our credit card charge is $308,25 - however, the invoice amount is only $300. Where is the missing $8?

Invoices which don't match the payments amounts are useless according to our accounting and will raise tax investigation against our company -- therefore, we need a proper invoice from Upwork.

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tomasz,

Our team will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

so far, nobody from your team contacted me regarding wrong amounts on Upwork invoices - do you know why?

Hi Tomasz,

One of our representatives reached out to you via email ticket on 03/16/17. You can also access the ticket directly here.

~Nina
petra_r
Community Member

2.75% payment processing fee...

300 + 2.75% = 308.25

768c416c
Community Member

I understand it's payment processing fee, but I don't understand why this amount is not on the invoice.

I.e. if I buy a yoghurt in Walmart, or buy a computer on Amazon - these companies pay credit card processing fee (which is closer to 0.3-0.4% not, 2.75%!) and yet they don't subtract it from the invoice amount, like Upwork does. Is it even legal?

In Germany, this probably wouldn't be legal - but obviously Upwork does not care so much for the legal basis of their fees as for charging them.

Also, is there a way to identify which transaction (on myl paypal or bank account) corresponds to which invoice? As far as I see, there is no ID or number that is identical in invoices and paypal-/bank-transactions. How am I supposed to know what exactly you charged me for?

Finances over the internet are not a brand-new thing. Is there any specific reason this is so complicated with Upwork? It should be pretty easy to put the same number on the invoice as on the bank/paypal-transaction...

Thanks in advance for your reply!

My receipts at upwork shows Payment Processing Fee. 

INV-UP.PNG

It  seems the processing fee is mentioned on receipts But there is no mention of it on invoices.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths