🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: wrong notification about aplied freelance...
Page options
visualstudio
Community Member

wrong notification about aplied freelancers

When we posted a job,  Upwork sent us notification about freelancers who aplied to job. But time to time you send wrong notification about old freelancers, today you send me notification about aplied freelancer who send proposal before 10 days, and this freelancer withdrawal bid before 7 days.  You made some alert, and this alert take all freelancers and you not looked is this new or old, is this freelancer back proposal, you send us alerts and not look anything.

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

The notifications are not perfect, and never wil be.

Sorry.

Even if the notifications were perfect for you, that might mean they don't fit someone else's preferences.

If you want to have perfect knowledge about applications, you may ignore email notifications and use the Upwork website.

" never will be " ?

Little odd answer, i not expect to be perfect, but i today half hour search and try to find this aplied freelancer from notification and on end figure that this freelancer back proposal.

Yes, this is rocket science, before sending notification to look in one field in database is this freelancer back proposal

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandar,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll be sure to share that with the corect team for further investigation.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
visualstudio
Community Member

And second notification

You have received a new proposal

It is lie and deception, i not get NEW proposal, you just rotate and for some reason send me proposal before 10 days as new, and in this rotation, i do not know what is really new, and what is not, because it is messy with this notification a lot.  I waiting for new proposals, and allways take a time to go and notice that is not new, then old.

And because that it is good to improve it

tlsanders
Community Member

I've noticed that this past week, too, and it's been super-annoying because I keep getting "you have new proposals!" messages on a job that I made private to ensure that no freelancers wasted their connects (I've already chosen a freelancer, but haven't yet hired). The first time it happened, I believed the notification and stopped what I was working on to check the posting out of concern that something was wrong in the settings and freelancers were still able to bid.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffany, 

I checked out your latest job post, and it looks like you updated your job post's visibility to private/invite-only. I can also see that you did receive proposals for this, however, I'm unable to confirm if the job was first posted as private or public. Could you please confirm if you are referring to this open, invite-only job post? If I have the correct job post, I can ask the team to look into it.

~ Avery
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Member

Avery, I looked at the proposals and I haven't received anything new since I set the job to private. The problem was that after I set it to private and I stopped getting new proposals, I continued to get new emails announcing "You have new proposals!" Initially, I assumed that I would not be receiving that email unless I had new proposals, so had to stop what I was doing and go verify that freelancers weren't still wasting connects bidding. 

Tiffany S wrote:

Avery, I looked at the proposals and I haven't received anything new since I set the job to private. The problem was that after I set it to private and I stopped getting new proposals, I continued to get new emails announcing "You have new proposals!" Initially, I assumed that I would not be receiving that email unless I had new proposals, so had to stop what I was doing and go verify that freelancers weren't still wasting connects bidding. 

Upwork probably thinks they are being helpful by reminding Clients to take action on a Job like hiring a Freelancer.

But Their messaging is confused and they keep on sending " You have a new proposal " message in place of  something different .

Latest Articles
Learning Paths