Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 shades of STOP!

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
11 of 22

Actually, I've changed my mind. If E.L James wants to make a fool of herself and her fans by pasting 10,000s of words across a new trilogy that's basically the same books, while occasionally adding some new dialogue of the calibre of:

“I forgo the Cristal and the Dom Pérignon for a Bollinger, mostly because it’s the 1999 vintage, and chilled, but also because it’s pink.”

Along with some thrilling chapters on the minutiae of business meetings:

“Just over an hour later, I’m winding up my meeting with the Savannah Brownfield Redevelopment Authority. Georgia has a great deal to offer, and the team has promised GEH some serious tax incentives.”

Then she's entirely welcome to.Cat Tongue

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
12 of 22

I liked the movie, it was entertaining.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 22

@Natasha R wrote:

Did you read the book? I haven't read or seen either of them. I can usually sit through a movie once even if it's meh. I was thinking about watching it.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
14 of 22

@Jennifer M wrote:

@Natasha R wrote:

Did you read the book? I haven't read or seen either of them. I can usually sit through a movie once even if it's meh. I was thinking about watching it.

Which one, there are 3? Cat Happy I have not read the book.

I’m looking forward for the sequel -Fifty Shades Darker.

EDIT: Have you heard of the fifty shades abuse campaign? lol

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 22
Ramon, how do we know she wrote these new books herself? Would it not have been easier to hire a ghostwriter on Upwork for $3/hr?
battershall-ramo
Community Guru
16 of 22

But what writer could possibly replicate such riveting prose as this?

It’s been an interesting morning. We left Boeing Field at 11:30 PST; Stephan is flying with his first officer, Jill Beighley, and we’re due to arrive in Georgia at 19:30 EST

or this?

’Mr Grey?’ ‘I need some modelling glue.’ He pauses for a moment. ‘For what sort of model, sir?’ ‘A model glider.’ ‘Balsa wood or plastic?’ ‘Plastic.’ ‘I have some. I’ll bring it down now, sir.’ I thank him, a little stunned that he has modelling glue.”

cristianadrianf
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
BEST ANSWER
17 of 22

Well, I find it kind of revulotionary... a prose that literally doesn't have any grotesque or horror element, to be so grotesque and disgusting. Isn't it?

View solution in original post

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
18 of 22

Well, I find the whole thing weird. It's like a strange cult. Why this horrible character is adored by so many women is anyone's guess. How E.L James never got sued by Stephanie Mayer is equally odd.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
19 of 22

Great stuff Christian, I've put you down as solved before the subversive pro-50 Shades element get a foothold Cat Frustrated

cristianadrianf
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
20 of 22

Prayers that we don't get sequels. You imagine...  Woman Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS