cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few more ideas for upwork

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
21 of 33

Please let's start charging for mentions of ELance, which are popping up again all over the place.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
22 of 33

Phyllis G wrote:

They could start charging one connect to post a comment in the forum. Two connects if it is a question about how to get paid. Four connects for asking how to get paid without a contract.

Ten connects for "Why has my JSS gone down?" ...

Ooops sorry Martina, I wrote this before seeing yours, but I have upped the ante! 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
23 of 33

Nichola L wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

They could start charging one connect to post a comment in the forum. Two connects if it is a question about how to get paid. Four connects for asking how to get paid without a contract.

Ten connects for "Why has my JSS gone down?" ...

Ooops sorry Martina, I wrote this before seeing yours, but I have upped the ante! 

You did. 10 connects sounds more reasonable for that matter. 

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
24 of 33

Richard W wrote:

In Upwork tests they could charge you for each answer you give, to discourage guessing when you don't know the answer.

Of course, questions where you need to choose two or more answers world be more profitable, so we could expect more of those in future.

They should charge $10 for choosing the correct answer even though there in none.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
25 of 33

Martina P wrote:

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Reading your post is the first thing that's made me smile since receiving that bloody email from Upwork. And knowing this company, they'll take your recommendations seriously!

At least they'll share it with the team!

Martina P wrote:

Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Reading your post is the first thing that's made me smile since receiving that bloody email from Upwork. And knowing this company, they'll take your recommendations seriously!

At least they'll share it with the team!

How about getting charged 7 connects every time the answer to your question includes the fatal  "I'll share it with the team"? People would think twice before adding their silly question to the forum.
Ace Contributor
Daniel S Member Since: Apr 2, 2014
26 of 33

Luce N wrote:

At least they'll share it with the team!How about getting charged 7 connects every time the answer to your question includes the fatal  "I'll share it with the team"? People would think twice before adding their silly question to the forum.

I'd love to see a $5000 price tag on the lack of humor. And a kick in the behind.

Community Leader
Aleksandr H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
27 of 33

Part of me hoped someone in marketing forgot to check the calendar and sent out Upwork's April Fools' joke a day late. Guess not!

John B Member Since: Aug 2, 2015
28 of 33

I feel like the new charge per connect is more of an adoption of the payment model from those penny auction sites. Buy a bundle of auction tokens and hopefully you'll get the product - eventually!

Those sites don't get their money from the monthly fee, they get it from the purchase of tokens – or "connects" – it's how they cover the cost of selling an ipad for $40. Disguise it all you want as weeding down to serious freelancers only, but it still smells like a money grab. Now we'll have to pay a monthly fee, pay for the priviledge to use the platform and pay to get paid.

The only thing this will do is separate the poor freelancers just starting out, from the freelancers that have money to burn. 

Ace Contributor
Daniel S Member Since: Apr 2, 2014
29 of 33

John B wrote:

The only thing this will do is separate the poor freelancers just starting out, from the freelancers that have money to burn. 

Nobody has money to burn. Who has it, doesn't need freelancing.

Ace Contributor
Marni F Member Since: May 6, 2016
30 of 33

I am pretty much done with Upwork, these fees shut us out especially with the cheap bids. One thing that would help is to make sure that the clients are VALID, and have presented payment information. Too many jobs here have no verification and are just put up to fish.(or to send a virus to your computer) Now we have to pay for connects it will be even worse, talk about a waste of money and connects for a job that will never be anyway. Elance was a good company and  was destroyed when they merged with Upwork, it's been a spiral down since then. I have applied for 3 jobs this year that were bogus and had a virus attached to scripts for voice over. Upwork doesn't do anything. I will just work with present clients and only apply for high paying jobs. Nice work Upwork, let's just put the freelancer last as usual, but make them pay more.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS