🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: A little skeptic about submitting connect...
Page options
root_graphics
Community Member

A little skeptic about submitting connects.

Hi,

I keep seeing "This job was posted from a mobile device, so please pardon any typos or any missing details." is that something people click on when they're submitting jobs from mobile to let us know that they're submiting from a mobile device?  How do I verify if that job offer is legit?  I wouldn't want to be wasting my connect and time.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Why would a job posted on a mobile device be any less legit than something on a desktop? You check their previous history to see if this is someone you want to work with. If they have no history on Upwork and you don't want to take the risk, you simply move onto the next job. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Why would a job posted on a mobile device be any less legit than something on a desktop? You check their previous history to see if this is someone you want to work with. If they have no history on Upwork and you don't want to take the risk, you simply move onto the next job. 

I feel the same way.  Thanks Joost.  I've gotten a little more picky lately and very observent to what I'm submitting to. 

I've always thought that little blurb was absurd. I don't care where you post from, but if you post a job I expect you to give a good description and not post a job description that is full of typos, no matter what.

Apparently, this is something that Upwork adds, not the client.

florydev
Community Member

Brian S wrote:

Hi,

I keep seeing "This job was posted from a mobile device, so please pardon any typos or any missing details." is that something people click on when they're submitting jobs from mobile to let us know that they're submiting from a mobile device?  How do I verify if that job offer is legit?  I wouldn't want to be wasting my connect and time.

Thanks.

I believe not that long ago someone said something about how can they really not wait until they are at a proper computer to post their job...something about pre-mature postulation.  

I could definitely see it as a sign, I am just not sure what it is a sign of.

Mark F wrote:

Brian S wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

I believe not that long ago someone said something about how can they really not wait until they are at a proper computer to post their job...something about pre-mature postulation.  

I could definitely see it as a sign, I am just not sure what it is a sign of.

Another mobile job: 

Translation needed - French to English. Entry level and the client asks for the translator's rates. 

For which detailed job description one is required to spend 6 connects.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths