🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » About Experience Level
Page options
okpokpa_philemon
Community Member

About Experience Level

About Experience Level Upwork has three experience levels, namely; Entry Level Intermediate Level Expert Level I do not think these categories are entirely useless. In your estimation, which level gets more job offers and which gets more invites?
7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

They're useless. Don't pay any attention to them.

robin_hyman
Community Member

IMO;

Entry: beginner, client is looking for freelancers who are willing to work for less than market value (average $ depending on where you live)

Intermediate: client is not sure what he/she is looking for. Some experience desired. 

Expert: very experienced, client is willing to pay what it takes to get the job done

robric
Community Member

I find some employers abuse the categories by offering low rates for jobs they tag advanced. Some freelancers rate themselves higher than their feedback suggests. Perhaps an algoritm should police this and override ridiculous instances. For example a job tagged advanced but offering $5 an hour does not seem to make sense. And a freelancer with less than 90% feedback should stick to intermediate at best.

moonraker
Community Member

Richard F wrote:

And a freelancer with less than 90% feedback should stick to intermediate at best.

That would be relative. 

Somebody with a 90% JSS having worked on $100+/hour jobs is likely to be an expert in their field. 

Not my personal valuation - more of an observation.

But I've noticed that the cut-off point between intermediate and expert for content writing appears to be around $35/40 hour. Generally speaking, of course. 

daulia3
Community Member

That's right. Everyone should think like this.

df602768
Community Member

Avoid Entry Level positions. Not worth the hassle or money. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths