🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » All I want for Christmas from UpWork....
Page options
renata101
Community Member

All I want for Christmas from UpWork....

Over the past few years that I've been freelancing on this board, UpWork has given me the gift of being able to connect with clients I could not have dreamed of meeting. I get to find out about some of the coolest research projects that are being conducted all around the world. I really appreciate that UpWork was a place where my clients felt secure enough to bring their projects. 

However, I find that the way UpWork deals with approving profiles and removing fake ones really needs to be reconsidered. The current systems for flagging and ticket handling by T&S don't work well enough to handle the current volume of fake profiles that are auto-approved.

What I want from UpWork for Christmas is for someone to consider the bigger picture of what approving masses of fake profiles does for the system as a whole. My wish is that clients like mine can continue to feel more secure in what they're getting here. 

Can we start with these?

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"I'm a bit torn because, while I enjoy the humor aspects of the chances of octuplets occurring in the UpWork population, like a lot of the freelancers who are concerned about this, UpWork represents a valuable income stream. "

Renata, touche. Didn't the fighter George Foreman name all of his sons George Foreman? We have to protect Upwork clients from fraternal sibling fraud as well, don't you think? And what about those with so-termed multiple personality disorder -- another inroad for inbred identity theft (on a somewhat existential level no less). 

Time travelers are also a big problem. God knows, in the future, this is predicted to be a rampant new crime front and it's not certain if they are here already or not. I know a few repeat lottery winners who are highly suspect in this regard. (I don't know how many repeat lottery winners are on Upwork, but I'm sure the board of directors has considered this issue -- or I hope so.)

Frankly, I always thought Preston was a clone of some kind. You know, this gets a little complicated. I happen to be an identical twin (true enough), but the proper scientific designation for an identical twin is a mutant, not a clone. (Scientifically, identical twins are an anomaly.) Anyway, this gets us to a serious point that gets us back to the octuplets. If I had my druthers: Clones -- no! Mutants -- yes!

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

A number of posts have been removed from this thread as they were off-topic and also included personal attacks. 

I realize that this thread is in the Coffee Break section. However, we'd appreciate if we could keep it on topic so we could be more productive keeping up with your reports and sharing your feedback/suggestions with the team.

Thanks!

Thanks for saving us from ourselves, Valeria. 

I do have a question about the profiles. If a profile has Rising Talent status (quotation marks have been replaced by italics for the punctuation-sensitive among us), does this mean it has been approved? Would Rising Talent every appear on an unapproved profile? 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths