🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: And a moment for thankfulness.
Page options
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

And a moment for thankfulness.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**.  I'll place with you a moment of thankfulness. I relate it as fact, facts are not boastful, facts are facts.

It is the golden age of my career on Upwork.  After eight, sometimes excruciating years of preparation, it has all come together.  I receive an astounding three to four serious invitations a day.  These are multi-thousand dollar projects, many are peach, a few are stellar fits.   I have a long-term client base so I am not churning through projects (which requires investments of time to get past learning curves.)

My client style has been polished over the years, and challenging times (problem times) are easily handled now.  All projects have problems when one is at strategic layers.  Smoothly handling them is a refreshing skill to have.

My mentees have rocketed to the top of their categories.  We speak weekly, sometimes nightly.  I revel in their deployment of their skills to maximum impact.  Superstars they could always have been.  Superstars, they are now.

The billings are at an all-time high.  And Upwork stock has soared, which is helpful, as I endeavor to make more money off the company I work with, than working with the company directly.

It will come to an end of course.  There may be a Chief Sales Officer position spinning out of a business prospectus project I delivered -- and that, in but a period of weeks - would place me back into employment-level work and greatly curtail my Upwork work. A small project now-and-then to keep the profile fresh and keep my freelancer skills honed.

Indeed, it will all come to an end one day.  But for now.  This week.  This day.  This hour.  It is the golden time of my career.  I am thankful for this.  And it only took eight years.

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Member

You're not being fair. We're the only ones reading your posts.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene K wrote:

Who or what is that inside group he is speaking of? I sure want to belong to that club!

Martina P wrote:

Rene K wrote:

Who or what is that inside group he is speaking of? I sure want to belong to that club!

I also want!

Rephrasing Rene' words "You're not being fair. We're the only ones trying to decipher reading your posts."

Wendy C wrote:

Rephrasing Rene' words "You're not being fair. We're the only ones trying to decipher reading your posts."

Maybe his capital-class clients will have an easer time of it. Maybe they will also "be thankful for the opportunity to be realized as human contributors to/of your [his] success." 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths