Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: And this is another reason why i'm moving from upwork

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Natanael R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
21 of 90

Yes, i still have the same question. I was told in th eupwork vide interview that this process is made to all upwork clients but the upwork emails and posts says that unly underd certain circunstances. So my question is, it's true that every single account in upwork is set in on hold status with no warning until webcam verification?, if not, what is the criteria to do it since you already said my account was not flagged?.

My complain is not about upwork asking for more verifications but the way it was done.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
22 of 90

Hi Natanael,

Please note that accounts required to undergo profile verification are not placed on hold but only have their ability to submit proposals limited until the process is completed. And yes, this procedure is applied to all users who are requested to complete profile verification.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
23 of 90

A temporary hold has been placed on your account wherein you will not be able to submit new applications or change your profile photo - all other functionality remains.

I only used the word upwork used in the notification

And yes, this procedure is applied to all users who are requested to complete profile verification

What users are requested to complete a VIDEO profile verification?, thats the question. Because the verification with document id's/passport was required for years and already made.

I'm only giving you all this feedback so upwork can improve the verification process, not trying to be rude. Suddenly getting a hold/put any name in my account is not something anyone want to see if there's any single reason given other than double verify your account. Something like an email with the new upwork policy changes asking me to verify it with a webcam giving me a time limit and if not put it on hold for new contracts would be better than just doing it with no notification.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
24 of 90

Hi Natanael,

Please refer to the announcement link I shared in my initial reply, which does state that profiles (all profiles required to undergo this procedure) are verified during a video chat. I'm sorry, I thought by hold you were referring to an account suspension.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
25 of 90

Internet fraud is running into the billions.

I'm always suspicious of people who complain about tighter screening procedures; or want to be paid in "bit coins".

Get your financial house in order. We are not trading bubble gum cards.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
26 of 90

I think you posted in the wrong forum or didn't read the whole post because i have no idea what you are talking about, specially coming from a not public profile. 

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
27 of 90
This widget could not be displayed.

@Natanael R wrote:

5- In the videocall they do not have the video camera online so you can't verify that's the person you are talking in upwork, in fact they says it is disabled by upwork. Before the call yo have to open a support chat window in the upwork site but what if there's a security issue in upwork and someone is faking it?, if they are worried about security i also want to be sure 100% the person i'm talking to is from upwork team.

Does that mean that the video was on, they could see you but you could not see them?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
28 of 90

In my case i was told to add him in skype and he had only sound enabled without video ( mine was enabled). I asked about the video and he said upwork does not allow them to use it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
29 of 90

Nathanael, you made the right decision by leaving Upwork. This is what people who are not confortable or don't agree with the identity verification process should do.

Fake profiles are rampant on Upwork, thus the company's decision to undertake this process. They do this the way it pleases to them. The good thing is that it's not mandatory. If somebody is upset by the identity verification, they have the choice to not comply and to leave.

I 100% respect your decision and I wish you the best wherever you go.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
30 of 90

The whole point is not if i agree with the verification process which i do but the fact that one day you  wake up with your account limited with no explanation other that "you have to make a video interview to continue using upwork". Your answer sounds like i i'm a scammer and im angry because upwork asked me to verify my identity but upwork has pictures of me, my passport, invoices, etc since i registered back in 2011( maybe a little later) and in MY OPINION that's enough to at least ask me in a nice way for a video interview instead of semi lock my account.

My post is the OPINION of an user  that feels disappointed with upwork after all these years, i'm not blackmailing the site neither trying to force them to change their policy, just MY POINT OF VIEW. If you are confortable with their policy i respect it but i dont share it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS