Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: And this is another reason why i'm moving from upwork

This widget could not be displayed.
Highlighted
71 of 90

And I hope that during this interviews the English native language knowledge is also checked - by native English persons, please. The fraud in regard to native English language knowledge on this platform is amazing! It would not bother me if those scamlancers disgrace themself, but they fox and scam clients and manipulate their position in search results and are not ashamed posting in the community. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Natanael R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
72 of 90

I did it in pyjama, it was saturday morning and did it before breakfast. Yes, they limited my account friday night.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
73 of 90

@Natanael R wrote:

I did it in pyjama, it was saturday morning and did it before breakfast. Yes, they limited my account friday night.

You have to be careful of the pyjamas you choose (this is not in the ToS) but this could raise red flags:

http://feeds2.yourstorewizards.com/1002/images/250x1000/pajama-pants-pink-panther-gray.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
74 of 90

But if you were wearing these (doubtfulSmiley Wink),

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mdo1C1QnuesuZQpxUVugvuA.jpg

you were more likely to get accepted. It all depends on who was on duty . . .

Highlighted
Community Leader
Abdulmoti S Member Since: Jan 12, 2017
75 of 90

I totally understand the part of putting your account on hold, that could result a significant business losses, but why would you worry about Camera interview, specially when you have a camera, even if it is not from upwork, what harm could do that?  In this new era of social media, our faces are all over the internet. If someon to see my face while I am having my morning coffee with my pyjamas, so be it... I sense a lot of ego here Smiley Happy,

But the the VAT part caught my attention, I am in Europe too, I will need to read more about the VAT policies because I need to know who am I paying the VAT that upwork is charging me? The country I am in or where?  

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
76 of 90

Update(can't change the first post):

I was contacted by upwork regarding my VAT issue and they refunded me the VAT they charged me by mistake. Now there's another reason to NOT leave upwork Smiley Happy .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
77 of 90

@Natanael R wrote:

Update(can't change the first post):

I was contacted by upwork regarding my VAT issue and they refunded me the VAT they charged me by mistake. Now there's another reason to NOT leave upwork Smiley Happy .

I'm glad to hear some good news! Smiley Happy 

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Highlighted
Catalin P Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
78 of 90

Got the email a few days ago, here are my thoughts on it:

That being said, I wish everybody well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
79 of 90

I have no problem doing the interview...in my flannel pj's or sweats, makeup-less, messy bun and all...WHAT? You think I look like my pic everyday? You gotta be kidding me! It takes a lot before I blow-dry the hair or slap on makeup. So au naturelle it will be!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
80 of 90

Hi:

After 2 years i'm again asked for a video call verification. Looks like the id, bank, address and video call made 2 years ago is still not enough for upwork. Anyone knows if they have a postal address so i can send them my DNA so they can be sure it is me and not a robot?.

Regards

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS