Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

And this is another reason why i'm moving from upwork

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
61 of 90

I was kind of shocked when I was asked to verify my identity.

 

After all, don't the people at Upwork know me?

 

But it was no big deal.

 

I like the program.

Not because I think EVERY website needs to use real identities.

But because too many clients have been burned by the fake identity freelancers.

 

If all the fake identity freelancers provided great service, I'd say "who cares?" Don't want to be "John Smith from Chicago"? Go ahead and be "Moonbeam Skydancer from Narnia." What do I care?

 

But in real life, too many fake identity freelancers yielded too many bad client outcomes and did too many scams. So something had to be done.

 

I would seriously volunteer to help staff the "identity verification" system. (I wouldn't mind paying for the opportunity, in fact.) How fun would that be!

 

"Yes, via video I can see that you really are who you say that you are."

 

"Oh... so sorry. You're a fake. Zap!"

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
62 of 90
This widget could not be displayed.

@Preston H wrote:

I was kind of shocked when I was asked to verify my identity.

 

After all, don't the people at Upwork know me?

 

But it was no big deal.

 

 


 I can only repeat : Zeal without knowledge is fire without light. But somebody could earn money by doing this investigation and could prove that Preston H is real and legit. This really had to be proven! Wasting of ressources!

This weekend I have got an email from the Premium Recruiter Team that I cannot be part of a Premium Programm because my account is currently suspended (it is not). And even did not apologize for this up to now. Maybe those teams overlap... 

 
Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
63 of 90

@Preston H wrote:

 

 

I would seriously volunteer to help staff the "identity verification" system.


No way.

 

I would have to wear a tie. I hate ties.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
64 of 90
This widget could not be displayed.

@Nichola L wrote:

Do it in your pyjamas - they want the real you. If you are really bold, you could do it without your pyjamas - get the full scan!! Sorry, just joking.

 

I think they are targeting anyone who posts on the forum - an easy fishing pool.


 It is easier to get in touch with one of us than with 30 - 40 freelancers with the same name from the same region and strange profile photos. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mike Y Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
65 of 90

@Nichola L wrote:

you could do it without your pyjamas - get the full scan!! Sorry, just joking.

 


 i won't be able to show anything new to them :-D more human than human

"Mentally melting down hear the sound of the same old sound going round" Stuck Mojo
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
66 of 90

About one billion years ago there was a musical (with strong political overtones) calledThe Pajama Game - it is worth revisiting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
67 of 90

@Nichola L wrote:

About one billion years ago there was a musical (with strong political overtones) calledThe Pajama Game - it is worth revisiting.


 True story --  Our local high school is doing "The Pajama Game" this spring, and I have just today begun painting one of the stage pieces for it!  (Fly-in sign for the "Sleep-Tite" Pajama Company.)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Gunta K Member Since: May 6, 2015
68 of 90

Haha, I think that's the way to get blocked forever on Upwork Smiley Very Happy Anyways, my very old cat had a really bad day and was not cooperating with the vet, so here I am - crying my eyes out and self-medicating with Mr. Johnnie Walker, probably not the best day to get the verification done. Oh well, I'll try the verification when I feel like it - sorry for any potential clients who will miss out on my proposals Smiley Very Happy I hope this doesn't affect any withdrawals, in that case I will get quite angry with Upwork within the next 36 hours...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
69 of 90

@Gunta K wrote:

Haha, I think that's the way to get blocked forever on Upwork Smiley Very Happy Anyways, my very old cat had a really bad day and was not cooperating with the vet, so here I am - crying my eyes out and self-medicating with Mr. Johnnie Walker, probably not the best day to get the verification done. Oh well, I'll try the verification when I feel like it - sorry for any potential clients who will miss out on my proposals Smiley Very Happy I hope this doesn't affect any withdrawals, in that case I will get quite angry with Upwork within the next 36 hours...


 awww kitty Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Leader
sandra w Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
70 of 90

poor kitty xx

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS