🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Any expats here? :-)
Page options
andreea_micu
Community Member

Any expats here? :-)

The perks of being a freelancer: having a flexible schedule and a location of your preference to perform work. Having this in mind, how many of you decided to make a major life change and move to another country? I am curious to discover where you chose to start over 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

@Andreea wrote:

Having this in mind, how many of you decided to make a major life change and move to another country? I am curious to discover where you chose to start over 🙂

Me 🙂

I moved from a "proper job" in the far North of Scotland to Italy.

Here to be precise

undefined:

@Andreea wrote:

Having this in mind, how many of you decided to make a major life change and move to another country? I am curious to discover where you chose to start over 🙂

Me 🙂

Here to be precise

Oh, wow! Vasto looks amazing! Smiley Happy I too have decided to move to Italy. My new home is not as fabulous as yours, but still I'm happy with the choice I made. I live in a secluded village near Pavia, 50 km away from Milan. I used to reside in the city of Timisoara, Romania Smiley Very Happy

I changed my hometown Frankfurt/Germany into THIS:

Rabat, MoroccoRabat, MoroccoSale, MoroccoSale, Morocco

--We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa
moutcom
Community Member

But to respond also in text to your post, it wasn't always easy as it looks on the shiny pics.

Even for me, speaking the language verbally at least but not mentally, was the first time very strange here in morocco. I worked for an US company here, and decided to stay when they moved.

Now i think it was a good idea, and i can focus on working free of choice.

I think expat has a military soul: who dare wins 🙂

Cheers

--We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Mother Teresa
petra_r
Community Member

Frankfurt is one of my least favourite cities ever!

Morocco has always been a place I really wanted to visit!

moutcom
Community Member

Frankfurt has pros and contras, but sure for almost 750.000 citizens too much contras.

Its a giant mini metropol, but i enjoyed the oustanding landscape nearby like Vogelsberg etc ...

Morocco has also its "dark sides". I recently moved to Casablanca, and its a city with less Moroccan flavor ... too noisy etc.

The Atlas region -Meknes, Ifrane- is very nice and beautiful.

And the south nearby Ouarzazate is wonderful -see the picture-,

if you plan a trip, welcome any time.

Or maybe we could organize a real event here 🙂

Route from Marrakech to OuarzazateRoute from Marrakech to OuarzazateThe pass of Tichka alt 2100mThe pass of Tichka alt 2100m

Mother Teresa

Those are the Atlas mountains? it looks so grateful ^^ 

barada00
Community Member

@Petra R wrote:

Me 🙂

Here to be precise

Noooo, now THEY know where you live!!! : - (   : - (   : - (

ncrdnziouani
Community Member

I am from Algeria and I moved to Russia almost 2 years ago. I live in the city of the Tsars one of the most beautiful cities I have never seen.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths