🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Anyone Wants to talk about Clients hire but t...
Page options
rajatdau
Community Member

Anyone Wants to talk about Clients hire but they lazy about getting things done

I am dealing with clients, who hires me with a great confidence and when I share them task lists and recommendation documents to make changes to the webpage for better performance, they kinda act weird and do not respond fluently. I am having this issue for a while.

My morning coffees are as stressed like the beers in the evening and I am literally looking to grow in my field to setup a team, but it seems like the process is getting pretty slow.

I intend to make Upwork a better place for Freelancers and Clients.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is obvious but do try to spend thirty seconds or so reading up on client feedback before applying for jobs. This is a game where you need as many numbers on your side as possible.

Also, try not to become too emotionally attached during the first three to six months of working with anyone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
david_fallows
Community Member

I've been having this same issue for over twenty years.

After a while the good clients that respect you for your results-proven advice will hang around, and the others who are sick of listening to you will go elsewhere. At the end of the day you want to be happy with the work you do for people, and you want to be able to proudly showcase that work in a portfolio in order to win more clients.

For me I can't include 70% of the work I've ever done for clients as, to their detriment, they take far too much creative control of their project. I end up with design work that wasn't really designed by me.

Part of the approach requires you to keep your rationale as objectively-sided as possible. Try to leave very little to opnion. That way you can back up your thoughts with best practice quotes and other references. That's probably the hardest part of the job, but it pays off eventually.

Hello David,

I agree with you. It's just sometime I get a doubt in my mind, like from past two days I am feeling the same thing, Am I doing the good work or not? Am I not providing value? You know, self destructive questions.

But yeah, as you said, to keep my rationale as objectively-sided as possible and backing up my thoughts with positive thoughts.

I intend to make Upwork a better place for Freelancers and Clients.

This is obvious but do try to spend thirty seconds or so reading up on client feedback before applying for jobs. This is a game where you need as many numbers on your side as possible.

Also, try not to become too emotionally attached during the first three to six months of working with anyone.

Rajat J wrote:

Hello David,

I agree with you. It's just sometime I get a doubt in my mind, like from past two days I am feeling the same thing, Am I doing the good work or not? Am I not providing value? You know, self destructive questions.

But yeah, as you said, to keep my rationale as objectively-sided as possible and backing up my thoughts with positive thoughts.

Everytime I incur self-doubt I find a sip of narcissism tea helps me to combat it and restore my reassurance. 

"Denny Crane"

Zeeshan M wrote:

Everytime I incur self-doubt I find a sip of narcissism tea helps me to combat it and restore my reassurance

Mmmm... delicious.  But make sure it's just a sip,  because too much can cause swelling of the head. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths