cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anyone else like to grumble about the time tracker/work diary?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
11 of 35

Catherine L wrote:

CRIKEY they can see our puter names??? My current client uses Slack and (sorta) taught me how to use it as well, to track the project and so on. Well, he nearly saw a whole lot more than the computer name when I landed in chat with MY CAMERA ON - which most of these things never do! THANK Gawd it was pointing at the ceiling - because yours truly works commando.

Ha ha. But I don't think "commando" means what you think it does. Otherwise it gives me a whole new understanding of how commandos work! 

Highlighted
Nancy K Member Since: Oct 24, 2019
12 of 35

I'm not sure mine do, either. It's more just that I find it frustrating and annoying (this is totally a ME issue). But now I'm using the down arrow trick haha.

Highlighted
13 of 35

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
14 of 35

Nancy K wrote:

Done grumbling (for now)... share a pic of your dog.

Since you requested it... My dog and his BFF. Yes, mine is the one on top. processed.jpeg

Highlighted
15 of 35

Nice! My dog Spreadsheet and your dog seem to have something in common: he's always standing over his bestie, Leroy, like that.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
16 of 35

I have never one time ever had a client ask about the work diary. At the same time I have never had the need to go look at it myself. All I care is that the time is being recorded and I do enter notes. That's it. I otherwise never click into the diary to look at activity because I don't care what it says and neither have any of my clients. Unless you are getting push back from your clients, I wouldn't give this a second thought. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
17 of 35

Agree with Phyllis -

Beyong me why pic is upside down - click on attachment so you don't get a headache.

L to R Keiki, Akela, OhanaL to R Keiki, Akela, Ohana

Highlighted
18 of 35

Aw! Thank you!

Highlighted
19 of 35

I need to follow this advice and stop looking!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jay A Member Since: Mar 31, 2018
20 of 35

Just because a client is paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get them and they can't be a good client.  So to reassure the undetermined portion of clientel that checks the logs, I do the following.

I tend to use powerpoint as my project notebook, and if I going to be working AFK, often times I'll put a powerpoint slide on the screen in huge letters saying "Working in the shop" or something appropriate, so if they do happen to be checking the logs that it makes some sense to them why you were "inactive" but billing them heavily for the time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS