Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Anyone else noticed those "likely to get hired soon" fire things on profiles?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1 of 135

When did this start to happen?

 

wot.jpg

What next? "SALE - Freelancer half price this week??"

Plus the irony of the "call to action" being "Flag as inappropriate"

 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 135

Petra R wrote:

When did this start to happen?

 

wot.jpg

What next? "SALE - Freelancer half price this week??"

Plus the irony of the "call to action" being "Flag as inappropriate"

 


I'm lost. What did you do to get that pop-up?

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 135

Never saw it.  Mine would be hilarious as I've maybe had 54 invitations over 8 years!

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 135

Mary W wrote:

Never saw it.  Mine would be hilarious as I've maybe had 54 invitations over 8 years!


Maybe they have a "puuuleeezzzeee somebody invite her" flag for that... Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
BEST ANSWER
5 of 135

Martina P wrote:

Mary W wrote:

Never saw it.  Mine would be hilarious as I've maybe had 54 invitations over 8 years!


Maybe they have a "puuuleeezzzeee somebody invite her" flag for that... Smiley Wink


Maybe you'll get an icon like this.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 135

Martina P wrote:

Petra R wrote:

When did this start to happen?

 

wot.jpg

What next? "SALE - Freelancer half price this week??"

Plus the irony of the "call to action" being "Flag as inappropriate"

 


I'm lost. What did you do to get that pop-up?


Got invites, it appears...

 

I spotted that and "has been viewed XXX times recently" on a number of profiles. I assume it's another of their experiments.

 

I actually believe it is a hindrance more than anything else. If a client sees that, they will assume that I am either too busy or too picky to accept their invite.

 


Fire Emoji (Apple/iOS Version)

 

I have seen this just now on the job feed:

Capture.JPG


I *DO* like that a lot!

 

 

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
7 of 135

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Petra R wrote:

When did this start to happen?

 

wot.jpg

What next? "SALE - Freelancer half price this week??"

Plus the irony of the "call to action" being "Flag as inappropriate"

 


I'm lost. What did you do to get that pop-up?


Got invites, it appears...

 

I spotted that and "has been viewed XXX times recently" on a number of profiles. I assume it's another of their experiments.

 

I actually believe it is a hindrance more than anything else. If a client sees that, they will assume that I am either too busy or to picky to accept their invite.

 


Fire Emoji (Apple/iOS Version)

 

I have seen this just now on the job feed:

Capture.JPG


I *DO* like that a lot!

 

 


But HOW did you see the fire sale thing? And how do you know how many times someone's profile has been viewed? I've been on Upwork for four years now and I still know next to nothing about how anything actually works. (Not that I let that stop me from doling out the advice, though.)

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 135

Christine A wrote:

Fire Emoji (Apple/iOS Version)

 

But HOW did you see the fire sale thing? And how do you know how many times someone's profile has been viewed? I've been on Upwork for four years now and I still know next to nothing about how anything actually works. (Not that I let that stop me from doling out the advice, though


I saw it on a few profiles over the last few days. Most said "invited xxx times" and I am pretty certain I saw "viewed XXX times"

 

The placing is bad (in a visual unit with "flag as inappropriate") and I still think a high number there is counterproductive Smiley Sad

 

Ace Contributor
Abdelrhman B Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
9 of 135

Petra R wrote:

 

I actually believe it is a hindrance more than anything else. If a client sees that, they will assume that I am either too busy or too picky to accept their invite.

 

 

 


so, you have to reject some invites to get that flag appears in your profile?
cause I have lately been accepting all invites even the ones that are not likely gonna end with a contract. 

Active Member
Emily G Member Since: Jul 23, 2018
10 of 135

I think an hourly range sounds like an ace idea.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS