cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else noticed those "likely to get hired soon" fire things on profiles?

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
91 of 147

Maybe they'll add a catchy little jingle next...

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
92 of 147

Mary W wrote:

Maybe they'll add a catchy little jingle next...

Or maybe they'll stop wasting time on crap that isn't needed and focus on aspects of the website that aren't working, like the chat function. (One can dream, right?)

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
93 of 147
Does anyone there actually understand the messages such icons send? And if so, would they like to explain why a male orgasm is a preferable message to the previous?
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
94 of 147

Kim F wrote:
Does anyone there actually understand the messages such icons send? And if so, would they like to explain why a male orgasm is a preferable message to the previous?

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 7.07.59 PM.png

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
95 of 147

Lena E wrote:

We shared your feedback about the fire icon and the "flag as inappropriate" link, but what is exactly is a weeping star? 

It's one of the icons that for reasons Upwork does not grasp, looks like nothing more than cartoonish, childish nonsense. How is it that Upwork has taken to inserting itself so much into our freelance business? How is it that Upwork can decide to throw any old ridiculous and embarrassing thing on my profile? Why are you doing this to us? How can you not understand that clients will be scratching their heads? Clients already have a hard enough time maneuvering this site and you want to make things even more confusing for them? How about you give back much of what you've taken away from clients in 2019 and put things to right. Everything Upwork has done lately has done nothing but ruin this site.

"Flag as inappropriate" indeed. I know where I'd like to put that flag. 

Community Leader
Alexander B Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
96 of 147

Lol I noticed this new feature as well.

But I like it!

The purpose of emojis is to communicate, and they do a much better job of that than words do. And they look better than words.

Here's the larger issue: Why is Upwork still releasing updates without warning freelancers?

Is it that hard to post "upcoming update on May 14th" or something? 

Does Upwork not realize that things like this are important to us? (I know this has been brought up in the past!) 

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
97 of 147

Alexander B wrote:

But I like it!

The purpose of emojis is to communicate, and they do a much better job of that than words do. And they look better than words.

That's the whole point. I can say that if you use emojis or any other icon in the wrong way you can communicate exactly the opposite. The "fire sale" icon was exactly doing that, and now a rocket? I remember years ago I had a friend who used a rocket to represent the idea that she was going on vacation and didn't care about being needed at work.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
98 of 147

Icons have their place; on our profiles is not one of the places.

Unless icons are used to draw attention to specific sections on a web or landing page they are completely lacking in professional demeanor.  Just as an FYI, the icons most successfully used on web or landing pages are not cartoonish generic ones. 

U. can use icons on anything they want as long as it does not impact the brand and image I chose to display as a professional.

Get this amateur nonsense off my profile page.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
99 of 147

Wendy - 1,000 kudos.  I am a professional working exclusively for attorneys and I HATE that my profile is beginning to look like a cheap dating website.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
100 of 147

Another 1000 to Wendy. 

I'm  beginning to think that Upwork actually wants to rid the site of its professionals ...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS