cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else noticed those "likely to get hired soon" fire things on profiles?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
41 of 147

Michael S wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

I would love to know what the average age is of UW's devs. I would guess around pre-school? 

They read that one comic from The Oatmeal about "How a Web Design Goes Straight to ****" and thought it was an instruction manual?

Smiley Very Happy

Community Leader
Sebastian Renato S Member Since: Jul 7, 2017
42 of 147

To much time on their hand, not fixing the live/recent bugs and probably creating a few more with every line code they add.

"likely to get hired soon"  or more like ''don't invite this guy because he probably will decline your invite'' ...I mean the client see that you have 10x recent invites (not knowing what ''recent'' means in terms of UW time) but on your profile maybe you didn't even had a job in the last month, so why bother to invite, waste a free invite, if you might decline it, judging by the recent work activity..and that ''likely to...'' stays there forever probably, even if you get hired in the mean time...so where's the rush

PS: how could someone be ''on fire'' on page 500 from the FL list Smiley LOL. Probably that guy will be hired soon Smiley LOL....like someone has the time to check 500 pages to find the one, who apparently,  everyone is looking to hire.

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
43 of 147

Useless stuff. I don't like it. Yeah, it makes you look like you are too busy checking invitations... And if the hotel booking system is telling me that room is being reserved or viewed wildly I go check a different one. I don't think a client would want to compete with others to get your attention. If they see you are too busy with others they'll believe you won't even have the time to check another invitation since you are already "on fire."

It seems those developers don't have anything to do... Want a suggestion? Go fix the frigging blurry images in portfolio that have been like that for ages, for Christ sake!

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
44 of 147

What new devilry is this?

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
45 of 147

I wish Upwork would concentrate on useful information, not on whether or not freelancers are on fire! Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
46 of 147

I'd like to know when Upwork plans to correct this?

Or, if they are having a fire sale due to crashing business revenue, when they plan to tell us they are shutting the site down.  After all, that is the only reason for a "fire sale".

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
47 of 147

Hi everyone, 

I would like to confirm that this is a test being rolled out by the team. With this test, we are adding banners and boxes to alert clients to facts about Upwork in general, as well as useful details about the freelancers they view. For example, we might test out adding notes like: “580 freelancers with web design skills were hired in the past 7 days!” or “In Demand! Invited by 27 clients in last month.” These are just examples and we will be testing out various messaging to see if it helps boost client engagement and results in more opportunities for freelancers like you. Our goal is to see if this increases how often clients post a job, contracts, save a freelancer’s profile, etc.

While I'm sorry to hear a lot of our Community members do not like these additions we are testing, we do appreciate you sharing your honest feedback!

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
48 of 147

Sorry, I do not appreciate Upwork using me as a guinea pig to test stuff on without warning.

It does not help clients to know how many times I have been invited, and to stick that silly flame thing in a visual unity with the "Flag as inappropriate" button is UX/UI-Insanity.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
49 of 147

If Upwork "appreciates our honest feedback" then it would act appropriately. I wish whoever it was sitting round Upwork's round table would stop overthinking marketing gimmicks that are embarrassing, time-wasting and excessively irritating. 

If Upwork regards its clients (us freelancers) as products or assets then it is going entirely the wrong way about making them work productively.

The message room is still a mess, the useful "previous client" has disappeared and  the one almost good change for a different profile for different skills is still not quite operative (or user friendly).

Wouldn't it be a good idea to perfect at least one change before "prettifying" the site with embarrassing and meaningless "come get me" slogans, that are not likely to bring any noticeable results?   

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
50 of 147

Apart from the fact I resent having what appears to be a warning on my profile caused by something I have no control over, what's the point of the statement "Likely to be hired soon" when my profile says I have open projects - most of which I AM actually working on?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS