cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else noticed those "likely to get hired soon" fire things on profiles?

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
61 of 147

Petra R wrote:

(...) and to stick that silly flame thing in a visual unity with the "Flag as inappropriate" button is UX/UI-Insanity.

Well, one or two days ago I saw a job post by Upwork where they said they are looking for a UX/UI professional. I hope they'll find a serious one who can put things in order.

Just like Scott said I wonder why they don't take care of some more important stuff we have been talking about for years such as blurry portfolio images, old interviews that never converted into contracts can't be deleted, you can't download the whole chat room in a text file, you name it; and instead they keep creating all this gimmicky stuff which doesn't help anyone.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
62 of 147

Sergio S wrote:

Just like Scott said I wonder why they don't take care of some more important stuff we have been talking about for years such as blurry portfolio images, old interviews that never converted into contracts can't be deleted, you can't download the whole chat room in a text file, ...

... and the time tracker overcharging clients.

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
63 of 147
Dear Upwork, can I please have twiddling thumbs icon on my profile? I had 0 invitations and views in the past months and I think that should somehow be presented on my profile page...
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
64 of 147

Mods, it would be most appropriate if one or you actually commented on correcting the issues cited often in this thread.  We are waiting -

Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
65 of 147

I just wanted to say that when freelancers are too busy, they tend to hide their profiles. So these notes are totally unnecessary.

This way, people will stop receiving invitations just because they have received so many irrelevant offers. It seems too random and unfair. 

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
66 of 147

This way, people will stop receiving invitations just because they have received so many irrelevant offers. It seems too random and unfair. 

Worse than that.

If you've received invitations, you must be doing something right. If you've accepted those invitations and started work on the project, there's more than one right thing going on.  If Upwork really wanted to highlight such things, a gold star near your name would be nice. Or a bunch of flowers if they felt like being more obscure.  Something positive in an area that would attract positive attention. 

Prominently displaying what appears to be a warning next to the button you press to say 'this person looks a bit dodgy to me' is penalising people who succeed in making Upwork work for them. That's more than unfair.  It's short-sighted and counter-productive. It feels malicious.

I resented it earlier. I've moved on to extremely cross. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
67 of 147

As has been proven innumerable times - not a single person at U. has a modicum of training in communications, marketing, user experience, or business wherewithal.  These types of mistakes are beyond the pale.

Kim phrased the problems far more diplomatically than I'm willing to. 

FIX THIS!!! 

Mary is correct.  Someone someone with some clout in marketing justify this abhorrent mess.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
68 of 147

Wendy, I don't want to hear from the mods.  I want to hear from someone in Marketing about why on earth this is a good thing.  They seem to be hiding.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
69 of 147

Kim phrased the problems far more diplomatically than I'm willing to. 

Aah, nice... but on past experience, it will make no difference unless Petra gets bored and repeats it in different words. That's usually the only way what I say gets a response.

> I want to hear from someone in Marketing about why on earth this is a good thing.  

I don't. I don't give a flying fig why someone in marketing has such a tenuous relationship with reality.  That's their problem. I'd like to hear that it was a misplaced experiment, they've now realized and they're going to stop it (though to save face they might replace it with something more grown up). I'd also like to hear that someone is currently beating the silly chap from marketing over the head with a big stick, but I appreciate that's unlikely.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
70 of 147

This nonsense reminds me of the time someone in Marketing thought it would be real cute to add a tile with "similar freelancers to this one" to every profile. (Obviously those "similar" freelancers were anything but...)

That, too, went down like a lead balloon, not surprisingly, and was consigned to the scrapheap of appalling ideas soon after...

Does anyone else remember that?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS