cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else noticed those "likely to get hired soon" fire things on profiles?

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
71 of 147

penguin.jpg

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
72 of 147

@ Kim - you beat me to it. Only I thought of a warmer place:

flames 2.jpg

Community Guru
73 of 147

@ Nichola: I thought the current situation was more like thissolar.jpg

Ace Contributor
Nedra W Member Since: Jan 17, 2017
74 of 147

Looks like someone in the Upwork marketing department got hold of a behavioral economics book and decided to try implementing scarcity nudges.

These numbers (invitations, views, etc.) are meaningless without a timeframe. Is that today? In the last week/month/year? Clients will have no clue how to interpret them.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
75 of 147

and more... what is this - a weeping star or what?

more.jpg

more 2.jpg

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
76 of 147

Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
77 of 147

A star is better than being set on fire. Still not sending the right message being next to "flag as inappropriate" though. Anything in that location is going to look like a warning.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
78 of 147

We shared your feedback about the fire icon and the "flag as inappropriate" link, but what is exactly is a weeping star? 

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
79 of 147

Lena E wrote:

We shared your feedback about the fire icon and the "flag as inappropriate" link, but what is exactly is a weeping star? 

It's the little star surrounded by little tears.

Lena - please do not do this to us. Badges are quite sufficient - and even then. 

Little darling icons are coy and  irritating and are not likely to make any noticeable financial impact on Upwork's EOY balance sheet. As for stars. I stopped receiving these when I was about five or six. Do you think Upwork could treat us like the grownups we are, who run our own businesses and who are generally quite educated and intelligent people. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
80 of 147

Lena E wrote:

We shared your feedback about the fire icon and the "flag as inappropriate" link,

Have you also shared our feedback about how much we hate the whole concept, how it is nobodies business how often we are viewed and invited??

Lena E wrote:

...what is exactly is a weeping star? 

🤢 This cr🤬ppy thing 🤢

weeping star.jpg

Seriously, I could not hate the whole idea any more if I tried. I really, REALLY couldn't.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS