cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anyone here a "digitalnomad"? (travel/work at the same time )

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aziz U Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
21 of 51

Really nice photos! PM me if you want to connect on Instagram. I still haven't been to CDMX - maybe next winter. I just spent January in Chiapas, based in San Cristobal de las Casas - put that on your bucket list if you haven't been there already. Fantastic town, briliant scenery, great bars, cool vibe.

Wow, I've heard so many great things about Chiapas. Will be sure to check it out. And definately, will PM.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 51

Christine A wrote:

Aziz U wrote:

Some photos from Baja California; taken few days ago:

Very nice! I'm also in Mexico for a few months (currently Sayulita). 

beach.jpg

That's an awesome photo!!!

Actually all the pics on this thread are inspiring!!!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
23 of 51

Back in Roma Norte, CDMX. Morning run:

IMG_8431.jpg

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
24 of 51

Good morning from Acapulco, Guerero. Wouldn't mind waking up to this everyday Smiley Happy

IMG_3895.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Eve L Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
25 of 51

I used to be a digital nomad, but now I've slept in the same bed for 2 months (besides 3 nights at a hotel just because I like hotels), so I don't think I qualify anymore. Think I traveled for about 2 years, visited about 20 countries, and then I got sick of packing and unpacking my bag. I've decided to stay put for a while now, but I get this feeling about once every second week that it's time to travel again. I'll try to wait until August, or perhaps even September. 

26 of 51

That's cool, being a digital nomad can mean a lot of things, you don't necessaily need to always be on the move.

What was your favorite place during your travels?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Eve L Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
27 of 51

It's hard to decide on what was best.
I loved Bali and Cambodia. And South-Korea. Think those are my top 3 in Asia.

In Europe, I think Budapest and Thessaloniki were my favorites. I actually would love to live in Thessaloniki, but before I do Greece has to fix their plumbing. Can't live in a country where you can't flush toilet paper. That's a dealbreaker.

The worst place is easier. Thailand. I don't care to ever go back there, at least to the places I were. I think I'm going for a quick trip there in November for a conference, but I'll leave as soon as that's over. 

28 of 51

Cool, loved Thessaloniki. Was there for a month in September last year. And yea, agree about Thailand...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
29 of 51

I used to have that idea of creating a freelancer-couch-surfing platform where freelancers around the world open their homes to other freelancers and trade rooms or whole homes.

That way digital nomads would always find the infrastucture they need to freelance and get to visit other places at a low cost.

The people whose homes they stay in get someone to water the plants and feed the cats while they stay in in someone else's home that is equally well equipped for freelancing.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
30 of 51

....umm that's actually a really great idea. Kind of an Airbnb exchange program. I like it!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS