cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone here a "digitalnomad"? (travel/work at the same time )

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aziz U Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
41 of 69

IMG_8043.JPG

IMG_5908 2.JPG

So I've been in Yelapa,  Jalisco for the past few days.  Amazing place, good food.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
42 of 69

Aziz U wrote:

So I've been in Yelapa,  Jalisco for the past few days.  Amazing place, good food.

Aziz, thanks for the update - I've been wondering how you're doing! Yelapa is lovely, but aren't you on lockdown yet? Everything was normal in Sayulita right up until last Tuesday, then the whole town practically emptied out overnight. Bars and restaurants are all shut now. I decided to go to relatives in Canada and wait this out. What are your plans now?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
43 of 69

I've been in Yelapa for the past few weeks before lockdown but now I am in PV. It doesn't feel like a lockdown here really.  I was in Bucerias yesterday and yea that place was completely shutdown (similar to how you mentioned the situation was in Sayulita)

Glad to know you are doing OK. I don't have any plans to go back to Canada soon tbh. But we'll see I guess. I don't think there are any more flights going back anyways. I am going to stick it out here in PV until this situation fizzles out (hopefully soon).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
44 of 69

Aziz U wrote:

IMG_8043.JPG

IMG_5908 2.JPG

Amazing photos! Please tell me they weren't taken by a phone....

I have always wanted to go to Mexico, but have never been.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
45 of 69

haha unfortuantely, yea, this was taken by an iPhone. But thank you Smiley Happy

And you should check out Mexico, it's my favorite country by far... Food, amazing people, good weather (for the most part) and relatively inexpensive, especially nowadays with Mexican Peso dropping. But yea, of course, wait til this whole virus thigy fizzles out. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
46 of 69

Aziz U wrote:

haha unfortuantely, yea, this was taken by an iPhone. But thank you Smiley Happy

Grmph.... that said, my camera didn't cost much more than my iPhone. (the Canon doesn't make phonecalls though, and we won't mention the cost of lenses.....)

Highlighted
Mark F Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
47 of 69

Hey there,  I have am relatively new to this site, having only hired a few freelancers in the past few months.  Dug around the forum and help sections, but not finding the answers I seek, so I hope it is okay if I ask you?  )

When I searched for jewelry designers, it only showed me the USA offering.  So far all of my Upwork freelancers have been from other countries, since that is where the savings benefit was found.

Any idea why the search box will not let me see global freelancers?

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful attention to this request.

Respectfully, mark

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
48 of 69

Hi Mark, 

You should be able to toggle this option when searching for freelancers for your project. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 11.57.45 AM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
49 of 69

Still in Mexico City. Getting the itch to move again as the world opens up hopefully. I'll be in Carribean / South America. If anyone will be or is in these countries and wants to meet up, please reach out.

1- Jamaica

2- Trinidad / Tobago

2- Colombia

3- Chile

4- Peru

5- Argentina

6- Brazil

I have no idea when I'll leave as it depends on when this pandemic is overwith but planning and researching places i want to visit helps me cope with this isolation that we are all in.

Also, if anyone's been to central/south america and has a suggestion of a place to visit, please do let me know.

Photo below of Mexico City (Parque Mexico) from my run tonight.

IMG_4543.JPG

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
50 of 69

Hey Aziz - Good to hear that you're still on the move (but a bit worried about you). Are you sure that it's a good idea to be planning to visit South America, especially Peru or Brazil? How are things in CDMX? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS