cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone here a "digitalnomad"? (travel/work at the same time )

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aziz U Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
51 of 69

Yea, i'm not moving until I see governments relax their qurantine policies; just planning...kinda restless though haha.

CDMX is still on lockdown...and it sort of feels like a completely different city, but day by day i. see more people out on the streets. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
52 of 69

Hmm, looks like spain is opening up in July to foreigners. So is greece. 

https://www.dw.com/en/spain-to-reopen-to-foreign-tourists-from-july/a-53557976

I think latin america is only going to get worse from here. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
53 of 69

So last Friday, I decided to book a last minute impulsive flight to Puerto Escondido, Oxaca. It's one of the only small beach towns that's open at the moment. Some photos:

b8c9146a-fa77-42f4-8064-9482dff80a48.JPGIMG_6034.jpgIMG_6077.jpgIMG_4598.jpg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
54 of 69

Aziz U wrote:

So last Friday, I decided to book a last minute impulsive flight to Puerto Escondido, Oxaca. It's one of the only small beach towns that's open at the moment. Some photos:

b8c9146a-fa77-42f4-8064-9482dff80a48.JPGIMG_6034.jpgIMG_6077.jpgIMG_4598.jpg

OK, so I'm officially jealous!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
55 of 69

It's right in the middle of earthquake season, though! There was a bad one just the other day. Be careful out there.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
56 of 69

yea didnt' realize that. woke up with the entire room shaking. turned out to be a 7.6!

Highlighted
Community Guru
57 of 69

Aziz U wrote:

yea didnt' realize that. woke up with the entire room shaking. turned out to be a 7.6!

Yikes! Are those your accommodations in the top photo? You might want to move off of the beach, at least - there could be tsunamis as well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
58 of 69

Christine A wrote:

Aziz U wrote:

Yikes! Are those your accommodations in the top photo? You might want to move off of the beach, at least - there could be tsunamis as well.

Petra just got somewhat less jealous

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
59 of 69

I would not be able to get a wink of sleep there.

I went to Phuket for a break in 2004 (I live in Bangkok). To cut a long story short, the room on the right with a truck in front of it was the room that my wife and I stayed in. Needless to say, we had quite an awakening that morning and are both extremely lucky to get to tell the tale. We were literally trapped underwater at one point. 

hotel.jpg

I've no idea who took the photo, but it wasn't me. I only found it a few months ago on the internet by chance and it made the memories come flooding back (again).

No more beach front accomodation for me, unless it's high up in a tall building. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
60 of 69

Jamie F wrote:

I went to Phuket for a break in 2004 (I live in Bangkok). To cut a long story short, the room on the right with a truck in front of it was the room that my wife and I stayed in. Needless to say, we had quite an awakening that morning and are both extremely lucky to get to tell the tale. We were literally trapped underwater at one point. 

Wow! I've only ever been in a small earthquake, and that was scary enough!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS