🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Anyone using Firefox?
Page options
b0nafide
Community Member

Anyone using Firefox?

Recently I've been irritated by the way Firefox is handling the job description paragraphs. Anyone else seeing this when they view the job description details? For example:

broken word wrap?broken word wrap?

I tried contacting support and was helpfully directed towards clearing my cache and cookies, which had no effect.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timsmith99
Community Member

Tony,

The challenge you're describing also displays for me in Firefox and appears to have to do with how Firefox interprets some of the styles for breaking up words.

I have inserted a screenshot of the CSS that appears to be causing this challenge for me at the time of this posting: CSS Breaking Words UpCSS Breaking Words Up

While I don't work for Upwork, someone on their team may be able to investigate this further to make sure the styles work consistently across all browsers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

I rarely use anything other than Firefox.

Firefox is what I always use with Upwork.

Mostly on Mac OS X.

I had not noticed this before... but, yes, I see the same thing...

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 3.21.43 PM.png

You are very alert.

Hmmm. I haven't really delved into it. I'm using Firefox Quantum 60 on macOS, but I can replicate the issue on 60.0.2 on Windows 10. Chrome, however, seems to handle it ok. Safari is interesting. It at least hypenates when it breaks a word, and seems to make a decision based on the number of characters.

See below Smiley Happy

timsmith99
Community Member

Tony,

The challenge you're describing also displays for me in Firefox and appears to have to do with how Firefox interprets some of the styles for breaking up words.

I have inserted a screenshot of the CSS that appears to be causing this challenge for me at the time of this posting: CSS Breaking Words UpCSS Breaking Words Up

While I don't work for Upwork, someone on their team may be able to investigate this further to make sure the styles work consistently across all browsers.

Here's a tampermonkey script that takes care of it for those of us who can't wait.

// ==UserScript==
// @name     Fix Upwork
// @version  1
// @include  https://www.upwork.com/*
// @grant    GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle ( `
    .jd-card .content .job-description {
word-wrap: normal; word-break: normal; } ` );
Latest Articles
Learning Paths