cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying For Tourist Visa

Jenn B Member Since: Sep 6, 2008
1 of 3
Hi Filipinos (and non Filipinos who might have an idea), I plan to visit New Zealand soon. I've read the requirements but would love to know tips from those who've applied for Tourist Visa in the past. For proof that I have work, I plan to submit my bank statement, Certificate of Employment (even though I know we're not really in an employer-employee relationship. I used the word "has been serving the company"), brgy. certificate about having an online work. What else? Specifically, what documents do you submit to prove that you'll come back to Philippines? (Because we're just a freelancer and don't have contract with a Philippine company, I'm afraid having an oDesk work won't be a good enough reason for the embassy.) Thank you so much!
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
2 of 3
As freelancers, we're not employees and we have clients, not employers. In other words, we are business persons. I'm registered with the BIR as a self-employed professional -- my oDesk freelancing is BIR-registered. Some embassies also require the annual income tax return as additional proof of income. Land titles would also be a good proof that you'll come back to the Philippines. For those who are just starting to travel the world as a tourist, my advice is to start with countries/territories that don't require tourist visas like Hong Kong, Macau, ASEAN countries, etc. In that way, you're building up documentation through the official entry/exit stamps on your passport pages proving that you've returned to the Philippines. Your expired and current passports are the best evidence of your faithfulness in returning to the Philippines.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 3
Warning that you are not supposed to do any type of work at all on a tourist visa. So do not give the slightest impression that you might be doing oDesk work while you are there.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS