🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Are Payoneer new rules too good to be tru...
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Are Payoneer new rules too good to be true? I almost ask myself: what is the catch?

So the bank withdrawal will be 10 EUR fixed at least for my country, since June 27, and no % commission from interbank rate. They are also lowered commissions/fees for many, many other countries. Account maintenance is nil. Card shipments are free. $1 per one funding from Upwork up to $10,000. In the end, looks like overall Payoneer's commissions will be to the tune of 0.2% unless you withdraw money from ATMs, in which case it's like 3%, which is still not a lot.

Shall we be worried? I can't see how they can survive and make a profit with these fees. Is Payoneer a Ponzi scheme now? I know there is no free lunch. I thought their main source of income was bank withdrawal charges, but these are now effectively nullified.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alexander N wrote:

It is likely, that doesn't explain how are they planning to break even essentially not charging anything at all.

It says "A minimum fee of $10" where I looked

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
reinierb
Community Member

Alexander N wrote:

So the bank withdrawal will be 10 EUR fixed at least for my country, since June 27, and no % commission from interbank rate. They are also lowered commissions/fees for many, many other countries. Account maintenance is nil. Card shipments are free. $1 per one funding from Upwork up to $10,000. In the end, looks like overall Payoneer's commissions will be to the tune of 0.2% unless you withdraw money from ATMs, in which case it's like 3%, which is still not a lot.

Shall we be worried? I can't see how they can survive and make a profit with these fees. Is Payoneer a Ponzi scheme now? I know there is no free lunch. I thought their main source of income was bank withdrawal charges, but these are now effectively nullified.

No such luck for me, though. Then again, maybe they have not gotten round to letting me know of any changes to commissions and/or fees.  

2a05aa63
Community Member

Alexander N wrote:

Any url or screenshot? I didn't get any notification of fee changes 😞

Viacheslav K wrote:

Alexander N wrote:

Any url or screenshot? I didn't get any notification of fee changes 😞

Here you go- 

https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36365/~/upcoming-changes-to-limits-and-fees-in...

Reinier B wrote:

Here you go- 

https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36365/~/upcoming-changes-to-limits-and-fees-in...

No Ukraine :'(

I guess they got a lot of competition. I see a lot of credit card ads like that on Instagram nowadays.

It is likely, that doesn't explain how are they planning to break even essentially not charging anything at all.

Alexander N wrote:

It says "A minimum fee of $10" where I looked

Yes that sounds exceedingly vague. For some countries, there is something like "A 2% fee (minimum 15.00 USD or approximate in other currencies)" but for Cyprus, and other countries for which it changed, it's just a "minimum fee of X" but no percentage. We can only guess what it really means...

Tomorrow we will find out 🙂

Bingo, the fee stayed as it used to be, just a $10 minimum now.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths