🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Atomic Habits: A book for self help
Page options
208312b4
Community Member

Atomic Habits: A book for self help

I have started to read this book - Atomic Habits recently. It is discussing the atomic habit which is a small and easy regular practice or routine. According to the author it is a component of the system of compound growth. What is the last book you have read about self growth?

13 REPLIES 13
eac991af
Community Member

I have also read this book by reading this book i got so much information

Yes, the writer explained in details with examples from his life.

yeah. a book worth reading. atleast opens up ways of discipline yourself.

attorneysergei
Community Member

If you're enjoying "Atomic Habits" by James Clear, here are a few other books that delve into self-growth and personal development that you might find interesting:

1. "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg: This book is a perfect complement to "Atomic Habits". It explores scientific research about habit formation and change in individuals, companies, and societies. The author presents a compelling argument on how understanding and altering our habits can significantly impact our lives.

2. "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success" by Carol S. Dweck: Dweck's book focuses on the concept of "mindset" and explains the difference between a "fixed" mindset and a "growth" mindset. Her research provides insight into how our beliefs about our abilities can impact our success.

3. "Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World" by Cal Newport: Newport argues that the ability to focus without distraction is a key to success in an increasingly digital world. He provides practical advice on how to cultivate a deep work ethic.

4. "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman: Kahneman, a Nobel laureate, explores two systems of thought: the fast, intuitive system, and the slow, deliberate system. Understanding how these systems work can lead to better decision-making and self-improvement.

5. "Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance" by Angela Duckworth: In this book, Duckworth argues that the secret to success isn't talent but a blend of passion and persistence she calls "grit". This book will inspire you to stick to your long-term goals.

Thanks Sergei! You added a full list with summary, that's great!
I will look into them.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Sabrina,

I never read books because for all practical purposes they are outdated by the time they are written.

I read and watch professional upskilling articles and YouTube videos daily for a few hours. It's about the only way to keep up with the generative AI.

I understood your point. Books are not about updating our skill or something like that, not always. For me it is a thing that I do for relaxing and for getting inner peace. I do read a lot of fictions too.

Professional blogs, news letters and articles are great source for uplifting our skills. Would you like to suggest few YouTube channels that you see regularly? I would love to give a try. Thanks!

Hi Sabrina,

I have trained YouTube by my watching habits to pick up various AI, technical, business, financial, and many other topics. I use the search feature frequently. Too many changing videos to watch that I don't subscribe to any specific channels.

That's a very interesting feature of YouTube, you are right William. It picks the behavior of the user. As I use YouTube mostly to hear relaxing sound track and songs - my feed became a concert page 😁

But I also do not subscribe to any channel. So I will try your path and start to watch the videos related to my profession and some other things.

It's a lot of fun. I study AI and business topics about two hours everyday.

true that , surfing through one video leads to many and so on...

d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Here are a few books I would suggest, Sabrina.

• The Power of Your Subconscious Mind- DR. JOSEPH MURPHY
  • The Power of Now & Stillness speaks - ECKHART TOLLE
  • Secrets of Mind Power- HARRY LORAYNE
  • Something Else to Smile about- ZIG ZIGLAR

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for the list! I have already purchased "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" but did not start reading yet. I will share my review once I am done. Thanks again!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths