🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Awkward work moments
Page options
ilijajakisa
Community Member

Awkward work moments

Has it happened to anyone working on the desktop app, that the app took a screenshot when you were changing a song you're listening to? 😂

8 REPLIES 8
williams-olivia
Community Member

Oh for sure! Glad they allow us to delete them prior to sending. 🙂 

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

The very worst is when you are on a phone call and someone comes to the door and the doggo goes nuts.  So unprofessional!

shefen
Community Member

My Zoom calls seem to coincide with the delivery hour on my street. My (large) dog barks at USPS, UPS, FedEx, Prime, etc. Then there's the school buses, garbage trucks, work trucks, anything big. She sleeps by the front door and is occasionally surprised by someone actually at the door. Those cause major freakouts.  I hover over the mute button during calls.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Ha. The Zoom Stories. Usually when I am on a Zoom call and the door bell rings : ) Do you get up and get it, do you say hold on.

Most clients understand as they know that we work from home so things will popup.

43999f3d
Community Member

Ahah so relatable!

colettelewis
Community Member

My worst is recent. I lost track of time and jumped a day. I Couldn't understand why some work seemed out of time, and actually complained to my client. I'm still wiping the egg from my face. 😥

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would revive this thread with two anecdotes:

• I was actively working when my son, who was taking online classes in his room then, sent me a message and clarified a teacher's instruction through a messaging app. I was typing away and forgot to turn off my tracker, and yes, it took a screengrab of our convo. The convo also had him complaining about math and not getting the lesson. 😂

• I was hosting an online event and thought my cat was resting downstairs. She was apparently outside the house and jumped inside y room through a window sometime during the event. While having the Q&A with the guest speaker, my cat decided to jump on my table and escape the room again. The audience saw her, but good thing she just used my table to get to the window. I thought she'd lounge around. 😅 

~ Avery
Upwork
8467c28e
Community Member

it's certainly possible that something like that could happen to someone who is using a desktop app that has a screenshot function or key binding. It's not uncommon for people to accidentally trigger a screenshot while using their computer, especially if they are using multiple apps or trying to navigate quickly between different functions.

If this has happened to you, it's understandable that it might feel awkward or embarrassing, but it's also something that can happen to anyone. You can try to be more mindful of the key bindings or functions of the apps you're using to minimize the chances of something like this happening again in the future. If you're concerned that the screenshot might have captured something private or sensitive, you can delete it or try to crop it to remove any identifying information.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths