cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad/non-helpful replies on freelancers community discusion from authors

Abdullaziz A Member Since: Apr 4, 2020
1 of 42

Hi there, do you suggest giving limitations on the replies of the top authors and members on their replies. Do you agree that they need to know how to provide solutions than writing something that is not helpful for freelancers?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 42

Hi Abdullaziz,

This is a public Community and its active members are free to post comments here as long as they are within the Community Guidelines. If you feel like any post violates the Community Guidelines, feel free to flag it as inappropriate and our team of moderators will review it. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3 of 42

Abdullaziz A wrote:

Hi there, do you suggest giving limitations on the replies of the top authors and members on their replies. Do you agree that they need to know how to provide solutions than writing something that is not helpful for freelancers?

Well, first I have to wonder why you expect us to be helpful?  Why exactly do you think you deserve that help?  Some people would say we are "competitors" and personally I don't see it that way but if you have that mindset then why even should they want to help you.

So then you have to question why would a bunch of people hang around just to be unhelpful?  It seems like a weak motivation to me.

So you think they should be helpful and I think they wouldn't hang around to be unhelpful so maybe there is another answer.  Maybe, we should consider that they are trying to be helpful.

Hmm...let's explore that.  If they are trying to be helpful but you say that they are not, maybe the problem isn't entirely on them.  Maybe you are not understanding the help they provide.  Maybe it is because you expect to come with sugar and sometimes it is better dosed with vinegar.

I, like everyone except for Petra who was clearly born here, came to this forum looking to see what was what. I found a lot of good information here.  Some of it was in less than pleasant packaging (which I actually prefer) and some of it was confusing but it was here.  But I stayed, and became it's King, because it is a community.

A relatively free...relatively open...community.  And it should stay that way.  The kind of community that should allow people to come in and say that people are not helpful and the kind of community that allows me to respond.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 42

The Upwork Community Forum is pretty amazing.

I am not aware of any company's community forum that is more helpful to the company's users than this one.

If anyone knows of any that are more helpful, please mention them here. I would love to know about them. Even if they are merely great, but don't exceed Upwork's Forum, give them a shout out here.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
5 of 42

BEST. ANSWER. EVER!!! Thanks, Mark. This is a saver to be reused as needed.

"Well, first I have to wonder why you expect us to be helpful? Why exactly do you think you deserve that help? Some people would say we are "competitors" and personally I don't see it that way but if you have that mindset then why even should they want to help you.

So then you have to question why would a bunch of people hang around just to be unhelpful? It seems like a weak motivation to me.

So you think they should be helpful and I think they wouldn't hang around to be unhelpful so maybe there is another answer. Maybe, we should consider that they are trying to be helpful.

Hmm...let's explore that. If they are trying to be helpful but you say that they are not, maybe the problem isn't entirely on them. Maybe you are not understanding the help they provide. Maybe it is because you expect to come with sugar and sometimes it is better dosed with vinegar.

I, like everyone except for Petra who was clearly born here, came to this forum looking to see what was what. I found a lot of good information here. Some of it was in less than pleasant packaging (which I actually prefer) and some of it was confusing but it was here. But I stayed, and became it's King, because it is a community.

A relatively free...relatively open...community. And it should stay that way. The kind of community that should allow people to come in and say that people are not helpful and the kind of community that allows me to respond."

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 42
But it probably wasn’t helpful
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 42

Mark F wrote:

My answer got deleted for NO REASON.

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 42

Jennifer M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

My answer got deleted for NO REASON.

I bet it was a classic.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 42

It seems the OP is no longer upon us.... f.n.r.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
10 of 42

Another "My account was suspended for no reason".

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS