Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad/non-helpful replies on freelancers community discusion from authors

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
21 of 42

Nichola L wrote:

I use politesse sometimes (depending on context)- to mean courtesy or politeness, which is also the meaning in French. 

I do applogize in all politesse, but I disagreed with his post anyway. As long as Upwork allows scammers that have been reported with evidence of their scamming it is not an EXCELLENT environment for freelancers to grow and for legitamate clients to receive excellent service.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
22 of 42

Jennifer R wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

I use politesse sometimes (depending on context)- to mean courtesy or politeness, which is also the meaning in French. 

I do applogize in all politesse, but I disagreed with his post anyway. As long as Upwork allows scammers that have been reported with evidence of their scamming it is not an EXCELLENT environment for freelancers to grow and for legitamate clients to receive excellent service.

Jennifer R wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

No problem, but I am not quite sure where this particular post advocates scammers. I think he was just complaining about the gurus lacking a touchy-feely approach when answering questions. Admittedly this was something that could have been compressed into one sentence. So I may not have read it with due care and attention!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
23 of 42

We can always try different colours or fonts. If they cannot handle the truth, they just have to look for pink replies. They won't be helpful in the long-run but maybe they feel better.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
24 of 42
Politesse In American usage is not quite a synonym for politeness. It connotes punctilious adherence to the forms of politeness.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
25 of 42

Given the individuals most of these complaints are addressed towards, it looks like something entirely different is going on with these requests for 'politeness'. In a 'Women: Know your Limits' Harry Enfield sort of way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
26 of 42

Kim F wrote:

Given the individuals most of these complaints are addressed towards, it looks like something entirely different is going on with these requests for 'politeness'. In a 'Women: Know your Limits' Harry Enfield sort of way...

I thought that, you said it Smiley Wink And that video is priceless!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
27 of 42

All I know is that I'm known for being bitter and venomous, and...what was the other thing? Oh, condescending, yes. I presume all gurus are like me. Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
28 of 42

Amanda L wrote:

All I know is that I'm known for being bitter and venomous, and...what was the other thing? Oh, condescending, yes. I presume all gurus are like me. Smiley Wink 

Of course, it just comes with the guru-ness. I'm still on the fence about our new FEATCON Andrea, but look what happened to Mark when the power got to his head. Poor, poor Mark. So sad. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
29 of 42

Zeeshan M wrote:

But to reiterate, all these so called top "experienced" top gurus gives this place a disreputable image.

Actually most of those gurus are earning a lot of money for Upwork, and they are examples of excellent freelancers who give high quality, excellent consulting services to clients. They make Upwork look good, not bad.  

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Drew D Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
30 of 42

"I am refraining from further participation (I know no one cares [insert Spongebob Meme]) but the point being I refuse to engage in a place where some experienced haven't learned the first thing about people skills."

That's your right, but I have a different view. I don't give a rat's derriere about the people skills of people on this forum. After all, we all operate in the business world and need to get used to people who are impolite or lacking in that department. All I care about is getting (free) information and advice from people who are killing it on Upwork.

A nice feature of top contributors here, is that most have public profiles. So you can quickly verify whether they know what they are talking about. Most of them are making insanely good bank, have top-notch public reviews, high JSS and years on the platform.

My lawyer or accountant could use whatever tone they liked with me, if they were offering that quality of information or advice, at that priceSmiley Happy   

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS