🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Because it's worth it
Page options
richardsmith94
Community Member

Because it's worth it

Not a day goes by when I don't remind myself how fortunate I am to work as an FL. Barney and I hope everyone has a great day.20180519_131034 (2).jpg

20 REPLIES 20
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Just make sure Upwork never deletes your account, and we're all set.

Then might you and Barney have a merry time 'erry day and 'erry day.

marybbishop
Community Member

Great looking dog!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Richard S wrote:

Not a day goes by when I don't remind myself how fortunate I am to work as an FL. Barney and I hope everyone has a great day.20180519_131034 (2).jpg

Nice lawn! You won't believe the stuff that's growing in mine...:(

Murphy says "Hi" to Barney and wants to point out that live toys are so much more fun.

IMG_8746.JPG

florydev
Community Member

Shh...Sawyer is sleeping.  One of the perks of this life is I am thinking about joining him!

sawyer.jpg

petra_r
Community Member

Serious point though: For me one of the main attractions (other than being able to live 1000 miles away from the nearest "proper" job I could get, 4 minutes away from a divine beach in a country whose language I don't speak that well and didn't speak at all when I landed here) is that I can have my furbabies around me all the time. I have a "high maintenance" breed of dog (Springer Spaniel) and he would not do well left alone for hours on end.

Murphy and Lynca sm.jpg

Kitty stole his ball...

PS - Edited to add: Kitty is the middle one of the pic above all grown up. Colour-change is amazing, especially as she was born pure white

lysis10
Community Member

I love animal threads. What great looking retriever, Richard.

Any day is a good Corgi day. This was my little a-hole when I was trying to build my gaming PC. She kept doing this because when I'm on the floor it obviously means I should be paying attention to her. And electronic components just LOVE animal hair.

image.png

And this is my poor Jack Daniel who at age 13 1/2 is slowing slipping away from us...And this picture was almost 8 years ago!  He hasn't moved since...DSCN0300.JPG

Freelancing allowed me to be with my sweet Fish in his last days this past December. Besides having a disability that makes proper employment impossible, I make more now than I ever did as someone else's employee. Go figure. 

1.jpg

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

How come this thread blew up.

Because....PETS

Because we're all happy people, really...

Abinadab A wrote:
How come this thread blew up.

Hi Abinadad. I'd wanted a dog as long as I can remember. After 20 years working in London and living in a flat, when I made the descision to become an FL (and relocating), it allowed Barney to come into my life. He and it have been the best things that have ever happened to me.

I can only assume that the thread blew up because it reminded people of the advantages that being a FL brings, I hope so, because it was meant to.

To everyone that replied, thank you, all of your dogs are beautiful and it's wonderful to see them....now get back to work 🙂

Richard S wrote:

....now get back to work 🙂

Now that's not gonna happen. Please keep the pics coming, all ye pet owners. We MUST see your pets!

Abinadab A wrote:

Richard S wrote:

....now get back to work 🙂

Now that's not gonna happen. Please keep the pics coming, all ye pet owners. We MUST see your pets!

Since you asked...my service dog, Andy, on a break! 

23488.jpeg

lysis10
Community Member

bump.

This thread is better than the entire Freelance and New to Upwork sections. Oh and the Client section too.

I got my little poophead a tag for her collar that says "I"m an a-hole and ran away" and it has my phone number on it. We are very high class people around here you see.

image.png

I. Love. This.

Akela and Ohana.  The only time they are stationary is when asleep ...A&O Snuggled 7-26-19.jpg

Ohana and Keiki ... same comment as above.  See the heart?O & K heart 7-28.JPG

Man, just shut down the rest of the site and have only this thread, what a beautiful photo Wendy 🙂

Latest Articles
Learning Paths