🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Before Pressing Send ...
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Before Pressing Send ...

New one - a PM from a reelancer showed up this morning, asking why I had not given him any more work, telling me my parents never married, that I am deficient in intelligence, and offering to have sex with my mother and my wife. Those weren't his exact words, and I sent a screenshot to a mod.

May I suggest a deep breath and a sip of your favorite beverage before pressing "Send" on a message.The forum is a great place to vent, and the moderators are rather liberal in allowing one to express frustration.

For the record, I have never given this fellow any work, thus "more" work isn't possible. My biological parents did eventually marry, but not before giving me up for adoption. And, my mother was cremated nine years ago; good luck with that.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this. Please note that we were made aware of these private messages earlier today and have already taken action.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

Oy vey!

lysis10
Community Member

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this. Please note that we were made aware of these private messages earlier today and have already taken action.

~ Bojan
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bill H wrote:

New one - a PM from a reelancer showed up this morning, asking why I had not given him any more work, telling me my parents never married, that I am deficient in intelligence, and offering to have sex with my mother and my wife. Those weren't his exact words, and I sent a screenshot to a mod.

May I suggest a deep breath and a sip of your favorite beverage before pressing "Send" on a message.The forum is a great place to vent, and the moderators are rather liberal in allowing one to express frustration.

For the record, I have never given this fellow any work, thus "more" work isn't possible. My biological parents did eventually marry, but not before giving me up for adoption. And, my mother was cremated nine years ago; good luck with that.

Oh I got a similar private message but I deleted it because I could not find a way to report it directly, I guess screenshot is the way to go! I guess he was drunk, though alcohol is not allowed in his neck of the woods....

prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes, I received the same message.

If I was being a fully responsible Forum member, I guess I would have reported it.

But I just deleted the message.

Which is what I do with all messages from people I don't know.

alice_m_uk
Community Member

"Your parents never married" is now going on my insult list, since there's clearly no greater burn you could possibly inflict on a person. It was also nice of him to offer to have sex with your mom and wife, he was angry but he still wanted to make clear he wouldn't do anything without their consent, very considerate. 

I don't even know if he was actually angry.

I thought he was feigning anger in a misguided attempt at marketing.

He certainly could not have been angry at us specifically. Because none of us had actually hired him before.

So his accusation about us not hiring him "again" doesn't really make sense.

Maybe he is angry at the world. Maybe he is angry at himself for not getting hired. I don't know.

It's nothing I take personally. Just a random person on the Internet.

Preston H wrote:

He certainly could not have been angry at us specifically. Because none of us had actually hired him before.

Maybe he is angry at the world. Maybe he is angry at himself for not getting hired. I don't know.

I think it was a misguided attempt  to broaden his client base by diversifying his services.

The mod I contacted acted quickly and professionally. Kudos.

As for diversifying services, there are places on earth where providing sex in exchange for money is allowed. I'm just having trouble understanding how one delivers that over the internet.

Well, darn.  I didn't get the PM.  Once again, I'm  not one of the cool kids....

Me neither, Mary.

Nor me.  😞

Me neither...but then. not being cool is the new cool

I wish I had received that amazing message. Now, I'm feeling somehow left out. Silly, isn't it?

lol, Luce, count yourself lucky. It was really quite nasty and I sincerely hope they kicked his sorry a$%$& from the platform...

Bill H wrote:

As for diversifying services, there are places on earth where providing sex in exchange for money is allowed. I'm just having trouble understanding how one delivers that over the internet.

You can start with a Kissenger but I am not sure how far they have come with other devices. Maybe he has developed some prototypes and is looking for testers.

Bill H wrote:

Cybersex is real:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersex

Preston H wrote:

Maybe his parents never married and he has a lot of unresolved issues because of it. 

I didn’t get one either but it was still fun reading about it.