🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Best coffee break!
Page options
christina713
Community Member

Best coffee break!

When is the best time for a coffee break?. My ideal of a coffee break is when you work 3rd shift in a freezing warehouse and its your first break smoking a cigg outside in the dead of winter with a warm cup of coffee in ur hands. There is nothing better then this on a long busy work night , all my warehouse workers feel exactly what im saying.
14 REPLIES 14
lysis10
Community Member

The best time for a coffee break is when you're hung over from a party from the night before and reddit is down so you can't poop post and you can't think either and it's very upsetting. So like now is a good time for coffee break.

numbsain
Community Member

Par-ty? What is "party?" You mean like working on a political campaign? Also what is "coffee break?" You mean like when you are on hour 23 of your shift and you reach for your mouse and knock over your cup of coffee and it breaks? 

Wait, i heard about this thing they used to do in the old days where you stop working for a few minutes or something and they called it "taking a break." Do people still do that?! That's crazy!

What is "sleep?" has anyone ever done that? I heard it was like being unconscious! How strange... OH NO! This took me 47.8 seconds to write I've gotta get back to work!!!

astepanov83
Community Member

Being a smoker for around 14 years in the past, I can say with absolute certainty, that a coffee break is much better when it's without a cigarette.

I've been drinking coffee a lot for the last several months though. Probably, that's no better than smoking. A couple of days ago I went to Starbucks and asked to make me Rough coffee, which was not in their menu. The guy just replaced milk on creme and added raspberry syrup. It was delicious! But costed me $7 which is very expensive for a coffee here.

Aleksandr S wrote:

Being a smoker for around 14 years in the past, I can say with absolute certainty, that a coffee break is much better when it's without a cigarette.

I've been drinking coffee a lot for the last several months though. Probably, that's no better than smoking. A couple of days ago I went to Starbucks and asked to make me Rough coffee, which was not in their menu. The guy just replaced milk on creme and added raspberry syrup. It was delicious! But costed me $7 which is very expensive for a coffee here.

I've been thinking about replacing coffee with a pre-workout low/no caffeine drink. My sister gets really bad headaches if she doesn't have coffee. I don't smoke cuz I'd like to age slowly tyvm, but I have plenty of other vices.

And I started having bad headaches when I smoked. I was younger and healthier and when I had pain of all sorts, it was usually gone overnight (except broken bones). One day, I had heavy headache the whole day, and I went to bed thinking I will be alright next morning. I woke up at 3am and thought my head would just explode. Probably, I would be dead now if I didn't quit.

As for coffee, I sometimes replace it with chicory. Similar taste and less health problems, haha. Your sister probably has low blood pressure and chicory isn't good for her.

Aleksandr S wrote:

And I started having bad headaches when I smoked. I was younger and healthier and when I had pain of all sorts, it was usually gone overnight (except broken bones). One day, I had heavy headache the whole day, and I went to bed thinking I will be alright next morning. I woke up at 3am and thought my head would just explode. Probably, I would be dead now if I didn't quit.

As for coffee, I sometimes replace it with chicory. Similar taste and less health problems, haha. Your sister probably has low blood pressure and chicory isn't good for her.

I'll have to check out this chicory. I don't like smoking at all, not even weed. I shifted from running to weightlifting in the last few months, but smoking would hurt my gainzzzzzz 🙂

Jennifer M wrote:

Aleksandr S wrote:

I'll have to check out this chicory. I don't like smoking at all, not even weed. I shifted from running to weightlifting in the last few months, but smoking would hurt my gainzzzzzz 🙂

I've got a funny story about weightlifting. I was in gym this morning. I saw two guys doing bench press. They finally reached 140 kilos, that for me is something I can't imagine how to lift and it would immediately squash me if I try. But these two guys were not like me. They were strong. One of them laid down on the bench and arched his back enormously. So he took the barbell, and started pushing and screaming like mad. Luckily, he did it. I really worried that it would fall down on him and break his chest. The other guy stood near and helped him. So he spreaded his arms, preparing to catch the barbell if something goes wrong. I just imagined: 140 kg fall down and a guy trying to catch it. I don't want to think what could have happened with them both. When it was over, I sighed with relief, and continued pushing my 60 kilos. I like gym.

Best coffee break - it has to be raining - hard.  This is in the morning when you have finally opened your eyes and booted the PC. It's a bit cold, so you go through the little ritual of grinding (or not) and filtering and then you are rewarded with that delicious coffee smell coming up from the pot - has to be filter - none of this machine little aluminium cup stuff  - you don't get that smell. So then you add milk  - it has to be full fat and frothed - with a spoon of sugar (one spoon will NOT kill you) add a fresh croissant to the mix and then you can start the day. 

None of this will work later in the day....  Second cups are good, but just nothing compared to that first wake-up call.  Starbucks is OK, but  will just never, ever match that early-morning alchemy. ritual. 

The Very Worst Thing about going through Hurricane Zeta last night was NO HOT COFFEE FOR 5 DAYS.  My neighbors went out and brought me warm coffee a couple of days, which I guzzled, but it wasn't the same at all.

Aleksandr S wrote:

I've got a funny story about weightlifting. I was in gym this morning. I saw two guys doing bench press. They finally reached 140 kilos, that for me is something I can't imagine how to lift and it would immediately squash me if I try. But these two guys were not like me. They were strong. One of them laid down on the bench and arched his back enormously. So he took the barbell, and started pushing and screaming like mad. Luckily, he did it. I really worried that it would fall down on him and break his chest. The other guy stood near and helped him. So he spreaded his arms, preparing to catch the barbell if something goes wrong. I just imagined: 140 kg fall down and a guy trying to catch it. I don't want to think what could have happened with them both. When it was over, I sighed with relief, and continued pushing my 60 kilos. I like gym.

Here's my funny gym story: I used to marvel at those dudes benching 140 kilos and up. I never got past 100 or so but legs were a whole other story. I got my comeuppance one day when I had about 180 kilos on a free weight calf raise and after my last rep I moved the lever over to lock it and relaxed my calves. But I hadn't quite moved it far enough so I hyperextended my ankle and heard a POP! I stood up and walked over to the manager of the gym and told him I might have hurt myself. He says have a seat I'll be right with you. a few minutes later I go to stand up. Nope! It wasn't going to happen with a fractured tibia. What was funny was that I didn't feel a thing when it happened. It takes a few minutes for a bone fracture to hurt apparently I hopped to my car and drove home. I hopped around for a few days then went to get an x-ray and sure enough! So I took the x-ray and scanned it into photoshop. Just for a joke, I embellished the crack in the bone trying to make it look like my whole ankle was shattered to bits. I printed it out on thick film and took it to the orth- ornith- orkin- #@%&! I took it to the bone doctor and showed it to him. He goes, "what the hell is this?" He wasn't fooled for a second. Haha! I like the gym too but i could never find one with a smoking section. haha! 

I managed to quit smoking. I used to smoke once an hour, it always was a dilemma: either to smoke before or after the gym. If you do it before, your workout won't go well. If you do it after, you might want to workout less, because you need a cigarette. That's why I preferred just to smoke. There was one less dilemma to solve, LOL

A funny thing: I never felt desire to smoke in airports and planes. When I went into an airport, it was like I never smoked in my life. It could last for many hours, depending on how long the flight was. But when I stepped out of the airport, I could smoke the whole pack. It's all in the mind.

I wished I could get on an island without cigarettes for a month. And now I dream of an island without chocolate.

kinector
Community Member

Christina, I wouldn't know.

I only have coconut breaks... 😄

I always mix work with pleasure. So I always have a coffee break during work and work during coffee break.

I design logos for coffee companies!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths