🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Burnout & Freelancing
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

Burnout & Freelancing

I have been working very hard for the last 12 years on Upwork and I love it. I find that when I do get a bit tired, I try to take a 2-3 day break (usually the week ends). How do you all deal with burnout?

14 REPLIES 14
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Samer, great to see the Upwork million dollar club 🙂 Frequently my work comes in waves, therefore I have trained myself to take the breaks when they come because working long hours can be right around the corner. Upwork is just one place that brings in work. If all sites come in at the same time, that is busy time. Have a great day!

I agree. I take Mon + Tues + Weds to do most of my heavy listing, than Thursday is a "normal" day, Friday is less heavy, saturday is more relax and sunday is a 1/2 day. You are almost at the Million on Upwork! You got this!

Yes, I should join the million dollar Upwork club by this summer. It will mark the fourth site to hit the million mark on 🙂 however I have been doing this for 25 years. Upwork is great and I love it here!

That is awesome. That is HUGE!

Have you worked Google AdSense also? That has been my largest client by far. Almost 3 times bigger than my Upwork total.

Meaning Google Ads or are you Running Google Adsense on your website?

I hired and trained a large group of writers and produced 10,000 articles on business, health, and technology subjects and placed Google Adsense on my website. It produced $2+ million in revenue. 

With your background, I can easily see you doing the same type of things.

I take monday off 🤣 just can't get myself to work on monday. But since it is sunday in most countries by the time I have monday, it all works outs.

With respect to burnout; it is unavoidable. I have been working for 6 years. So first 3 years I took the projects when they came. Then came corona, then came the floods (in pakistan) and now recession.
So I have to avail every oppurtunity that comes my way but I take one whole month off and just tune out.

I like that Monday off part : ) That is awesome. For the burn out, I agree, as freelancers, it almost always happens! One Month off, woooo, That would be hard for me, for sure.

One month of cleansing. 😊

Ha. I am with it.

deardipu
Community Member

Hi Samer, I usually take upto two projects at the same time (if possible) and let them be finished first properly before accepting/looking for new projects. Then a little break (2-3 days) can be taken. Then I accept or look for new projects again.

Hey Md, That is a great way of going about it!

virtualbrix
Community Member

Definetly a lot you can do, I do have a few SaaS companies going. I always loved the idea of content sites.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths