🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Can I share funny and weird job descripti...
Page options
kirke_
Community Member

Can I share funny and weird job descriptions on social networks?

Hi.

This is a question to Upwork helpdesk.

Is it legally ok for you if I share quotes from weird and funny job posts of the Clients on LinkedIn? I won't mention any recognizable info about the Client, only the pic (see attached) and my comment.

Won't it end with the suspending my profile?

Warm regards,

Kristine

**edited for Community Guidelines** 

7 REPLIES 7
kirke_
Community Member

I think that I found an answer myself. All job listings, except in some special cases, are available publicly. And as they are in the public domain, I do not see how it would violate any terms and conditions when I would share the job and comment on it. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

That's a good one.

If any potential client told me no one else on the planet does what they do, I'd first ask what planet they're on.

If they said, "Earth," I'd assume what they do isn't worth doing.

It's a whackadoodle world. Laugh at the fools, but pity them, too.

Considering that Matrix is one of my all time fave films I can actually appreciate / enjoy the cleverness of the "unplugged from the matrix" part, and that would speak to me.  Some of the other stuff, not so much, especially the "We value blabla over money..." part - it makes me think "You ain't gonna want to pay my rates, matey!"

Weird job postings are all over the Upwork Reddit thread.  I would block any identifying information about the client, though.

Mary W wrote:

Weird job postings are all over the Upwork Reddit thread.  I would block any identifying information about the client, though.

Main reason I keep going back to the Reddit thread is some of the funny job postings people post 🙂

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kristine S wrote:

Hi.

This is a question to Upwork helpdesk.

Is it legally ok for you if I share quotes from weird and funny job posts of the Clients on LinkedIn? I won't mention any recognizable info about the Client, only the pic (see attached) and my comment.

Won't it end with the suspending my profile?

Warm regards,

Kristine

**edited for Community Guidelines** 

What kind of job were they offering?

It says they offer no hidden agendas! Sounds super legit.

Obviously if this were a scam they would've mentioned "Beware, we have a hidden agenda!"

Latest Articles
Learning Paths