🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Can't wait to join Upwork's Top Rated Plu...
Page options
aleksandrhovh
Community Member

Can't wait to join Upwork's Top Rated Plus Plus (Extra Plus) program

Edit: I'm being sarcastic. I think it's dumb that Upwork is creating all these programs that nobody really cares about.

I like that "top rated" no longer packs the same punch now that Upwork also has a Top Rated Plus "program."

Are clients really going to go, "Well, sure, this freelancer's Top Rated, but Johnny over here is Top Rated Plus, ya know? It's a no-brainer, really."

Also, I'm afraid to ask, but... What happens when we run out of pluses? 🤔

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandr H wrote:

Are clients really going to go, "Well, sure, this freelancer's Top Rated, but Johnny over here is Top Rated Plus, ya know? It's a no-brainer, really."

As only Business and Enterprise clients even see the "Plus Badge" I doubt it makes a huge difference. The vast majority of clients just see "Top Rated" for both.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Aleksandr H wrote:

As only Business and Enterprise clients even see the "Plus Badge" I doubt it makes a huge difference. The vast majority of clients just see "Top Rated" for both.

Looks like they made plus clients see plus badges too!
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056309633

2a05aa63
Community Member

I'm few bucks away from it, should be getting it next week. I guess no perks, but seems like an achievement 🙂

kinector
Community Member

Aleksandr, I'm pretty sure that when the Plus marks start to look too ridiculous, we'll need to go for prefixes like Super Duper, Pro, Ultimate, or other suffixes beyond Expert like Master, Guru, or Extraordinaire, etc.

Then each client needs to draw a matrix first to see if Super Duper Top Rated Plus Plus is actually better than an Ultimate Top Rated Guru Extraordinaire without any Plus in it.

And finally, we could also consider having a rating called Penultimate Super Duper Top Rated Guru Plus Plus Plus Minus One Only. 🤪

richardrader
Community Member

I heard Upwork Plus Squared is exponentially better than UpWork plus.

Richard R wrote:

I heard Upwork Plus Squared was exponentially better than UpWork plus.

OMG Richard, your MATH is stronger than mine. That's completely true! Smiley LOL

christopherbudde
Community Member

I think it would be very woke of Upwork to give EVERYONE a participation trophy badge IMMEDIATELY. 

Christopher B wrote:

I think it would be very woke of Upwork to give EVERYONE a participation trophy badge IMMEDIATELY. 

They already have. It's called the "Identity Verified" badge. Smiley Very Happy

(Which doesn't seem to stop that many scammers, unfortunately. Smiley Frustrated)

You guys just made my day!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths