Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Can't wait to join Upwork's Top Rated Plus Plus (Extra Plus) program

aleksandrhovh
Community Leader
Aleksandr H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
1 of 10

Edit: I'm being sarcastic. I think it's dumb that Upwork is creating all these programs that nobody really cares about.

 

I like that "top rated" no longer packs the same punch now that Upwork also has a Top Rated Plus "program."

 

Are clients really going to go, "Well, sure, this freelancer's Top Rated, but Johnny over here is Top Rated Plus, ya know? It's a no-brainer, really."

 

Also, I'm afraid to ask, but... What happens when we run out of pluses? 🤔

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 10

Aleksandr H wrote:

Are clients really going to go, "Well, sure, this freelancer's Top Rated, but Johnny over here is Top Rated Plus, ya know? It's a no-brainer, really."


As only Business and Enterprise clients even see the "Plus Badge" I doubt it makes a huge difference. The vast majority of clients just see "Top Rated" for both.

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
3 of 10

Petra R wrote:

Aleksandr H wrote:

Are clients really going to go, "Well, sure, this freelancer's Top Rated, but Johnny over here is Top Rated Plus, ya know? It's a no-brainer, really."


As only Business and Enterprise clients even see the "Plus Badge" I doubt it makes a huge difference. The vast majority of clients just see "Top Rated" for both.


Looks like they made plus clients see plus badges too!
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056309633

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
4 of 10

I'm few bucks away from it, should be getting it next week. I guess no perks, but seems like an achievement Smiley Happy

kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
5 of 10

Aleksandr, I'm pretty sure that when the Plus marks start to look too ridiculous, we'll need to go for prefixes like Super Duper, Pro, Ultimate, or other suffixes beyond Expert like Master, Guru, or Extraordinaire, etc.

Then each client needs to draw a matrix first to see if Super Duper Top Rated Plus Plus is actually better than an Ultimate Top Rated Guru Extraordinaire without any Plus in it.

And finally, we could also consider having a rating called Penultimate Super Duper Top Rated Guru Plus Plus Plus Minus One Only. 🤪

richardrader
Community Leader
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
6 of 10

I heard Upwork Plus Squared is exponentially better than UpWork plus.

kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
7 of 10

Richard R wrote:

I heard Upwork Plus Squared was exponentially better than UpWork plus.


OMG Richard, your MATH is stronger than mine. That's completely true! Smiley LOL

 

christopherbudde
Community Leader
Christopher B Member Since: Jul 11, 2015
8 of 10

I think it would be very woke of Upwork to give EVERYONE a participation trophy badge IMMEDIATELY. 

kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
9 of 10

Christopher B wrote:

I think it would be very woke of Upwork to give EVERYONE a participation trophy badge IMMEDIATELY. 


They already have. It's called the "Identity Verified" badge. Smiley Very Happy

 

(Which doesn't seem to stop that many scammers, unfortunately. Smiley Frustrated)

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
10 of 10

You guys just made my day!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS