cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City or Village?

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 43

If my online business keeps going on well in the next period, I'm seriously thinking about leaving the city (where I do some offline business too) and operate my online business from the village.

Not only the nature is great there, but everything is much cheaper & you can barely hear any noise which means you can be more productive and focus better at work - beside of course those lovely birds singing everyday in the morning.

Where do you run your business from? And what's the advantage/disadvantage of running it from where you are. Please share your opinions and help me make the right decision.

Best regards,
Wassim

P.S. Elance/oDesk kids: leave my post clean. I don't wanna have all my posts closed by Garnor/Valeria only because you haven't spent your childhood as you should.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 43

Wassim,

I love cities and towns and I suppose I could work from anywhere, but every day, I look out at a beautiful, gentle view of fields. My (tiny) house is perfectly situated and is light and sunny. The air is clean and I am only a convenient 10-minute walk away from a quite large supermarket; and in another direction, a 15-minute walk from a picturesque medieval village and canal.

I don't feel I am missing out on anything, and now (in spite of toying with the idea of Canada to be near my family), I don't think I want to live or run my business from anywhere else. 

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
3 of 43

Very similar to myself, except your neighbours dine on delicate pates and crepes while mine eat Schnitzel. But I have fields, a flat in an old watermill and a constant supply of small dead things lovingly delivered to my desk by the cat.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
4 of 43

Now we know the source of your success, Nichola!

Community Leader
Scott E Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
5 of 43

I like the sound of this village Wassim. Is there room for a little one?

Community Guru
6 of 43

There's always room, Scott. You only need to live with the idea that nobody is going to screaming "wow" when viewing your produced videos because almost everyone there is a farmer, and the most thing they care about is their fat cow licking your suit behind of you Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 43

I don't live in the city. I live in the burbs, but "village" makes me think of dialup internet, cleaning my own house, no pizza delivery, and nobody to mow my lawn. This is a problem.

Community Guru
8 of 43

Jennifer,

I haven't thought about Pizza... That's some big deal to me. I know this keeps belly fat but who cares when you've done an amazing job and the only thing left on earth to fill your cravings is PIZZA!

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
9 of 43

I prefer city life than village where everything is in your reach. 

If you are satisfy with your work & earning so wherever you are, does not matter. If you are happy inside and feeling that you heart is light. There is no burden on it. You are super human. 

Community Guru
10 of 43

Thanks Abed. I also like the city because everything is easily accessible. However, living here in the city is quite expensive and Beirut is among the most expensive cities in our region so that's why I am thinking to move. Otherwise, it's an amazing city.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS