🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Client Request
Page options
swhite31
Community Member

Client Request

I have not been on Upwork for awhile because I got tired of never having and legit offers. I am also a little frustrated with the qualifications a client ask for in a job offer and then labels it entry level. I think Upwork should develop a platform where they develop a level to the client's proposition. For instance, a client ask for 9 different qualifications, with a 90% success and a rising talent and puts it at entry level. Ridiculous!! First off if you are a newbie it takes quite awhile to get a 90% success, at least in my situation, and be a rising talent. We don't have much of a chance of acquiring a job because of this. Everyone wants perfect English(even though I think the English test is not graded fairly). I think Upwork should review the client's request and give it a level of entry, intermediate or expert to make it fairer and level the playing field. I would say that 85% of the jobs require way too many qualifications at entry level and this is because the client does not want to pay for what they are actually getting. They want the best for the least amount. I am not entry level by any means in my field but cannot apply to many positions because of the rising talent and 90% success rating because I cannot acquire any positions in here. This is why I have not applied here in a long time and because of all of the scams that are in here daily. Anyways, just my opinion on all of this but I think something needs to be changed to make people like me continue to use this program and to able to obtain at least a few positions to reach the 90% success and rising talent.

Sherry White

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sherry, 

Please take note that the qualification of a 90% and above Job Success Score, or a Rising Talent badge should not stop you from applying for these jobs. There are a lot of success stories here in the community where a user did not meet the requirements, but continued to bid for the job, was awarded the project, and completed it successfuly. 

~ Avery
Upwork

yes but isnt it logical that entry level cant be rising talent and If he or she is rising talent then how they can be on entry level .I would suggest that rising talent option should be available only to intermediate and expert level jobs for clients so that  new talents also get chance to show their skills and becoming rising talent in future

I totally agree. I was part of this community and not once did I get a good job offer only scams over and over. give the newbies a chance to build their profile and experience so they can help out clients and feel like they are part of this community it is not a waste of their time.
Please type your reply above this line -##
Latest Articles
Learning Paths