Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is not cooperative

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
1 of 3

Hello to all, 

I have written 15 pages for my client. There was 15 pages agreement for the project. Client reviewed them all and there is need to revise 4 pages with small changes. I revised 4 pages and submitted her on Saturday. I have requested to check them and feedback me. Client replied after 4 days. Last night, she told me that she will check on Tuesday. Now when I asked her today, She told me that she will do it before thursday. 

Contract is fixed price and she funded the amount since teh project started. I did not say her to release payment because I wanted to get the feedback of the last 4 revised pages. 

I think, she is delaying without any reason. 

What should I do?

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

Highlighted
Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
2 of 3

I would wait until Thursday and if she doesn't get back to you then, I would put in a request for payment accompanied with an ever-so-nice way to say that if she needs any changes after she has had time to review the work, you are still happy to do them. As far as I understand, if the money was put into escrow, even if she does not approve the payment, you will still get the money after a certain period of time - just make sure to upload the files in question again as an attachment when you make the release request.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

@Hanna N wrote:

. As far as I understand, if the money was put into escrow, even if she does not approve the payment, you will still get the money after a certain period of time

This is correct!

If the client does not approve the request, or requests changes, or ends the contract requesting their money back the funds will be released within 14 days.

If they approve it - freelancer gets paid

If they ignore it - freelancer gets paid in 14 days

If they request changes again - freelancer  does the changes and re-submits

If they end contract asking for their money back - matter goes into dispute

-

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS