🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Clients and their understandings :)
Page options
dashas
Community Member

Clients and their understandings :)

I wish some clients knew that funding money to start the project is not the same as paying the freelancer upfront. Sometimes tired of educating them, just saying 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
scientistbhoot
Community Member

Also there are some clients, who offers $100 for a job and hire by creating a milestone with $5, and took the delivery and disappare. You can only get that $5 by using the submit work button.

This is very much a live and learn issue for a lot of us. 

Just recently, I had a client who agreed to my amount for a job and set up the first milestone for the delivery of the rough cut. 

Very stupidly on my part, because I was working quickly and not thinking, I took the client's notes into account and submitted a finished project BEFORE the first milestone was paid and the second one set up. The first milestone was autopaid after two weeks, and the client has still not created the second milestone. 

Yes, I now believe said client is a cheat and a swindler. No, I will never work with that client again. BUT, this is, ultimately, my own fault. 

Fortunately, the lesson was an inexpensive one, but lesson learned! Never deliver a finished product until all the money is on the table. 

atlinguist
Community Member

Yes, I had a client who got confused as well recently. ("I got this email, but I was under the impression that I had already paid you!!!")

Maybe the problem is the text in the email ("Pay now...") and it should read something like "Release money/payment/milestone now".

8072.jpg

Latest Articles
Learning Paths