1- New Forum Member

2- Active Member

3- Ace Contributor

4- Community Guru

5- Moderator

I am not sure if its a complete list?

My Qustion:

1- What is the criteria for each badge?

2- Is there any monetary benifit associated with them (specifically with "Community Guru and Moderator")?

Many Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We have recently retired the ranks discussed on this thread and you can find more information about it in this announcement.
I'll be closing this thread and we'll keep the community updated on any new developments with Community ranks. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
petra_r
Community Member

Navid Z wrote:

My Qustion:

2- Is there any monetary benifit associated with them

1. Number of posts

2. Absolutely none at all

Petra R wrote:

Then why people spend so much time here?

1 - I understand they want to help others, which is pretty good.

2- Is that help them get more work or promote their profile in any way?

Navid Z wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Navid, there must be a million reasons why people join a forum or have accounts on Facebook etc.  As far as Upwork is concerned, I very much doubt it does much for getting work, even if you get some real estate on the right of the forum pages. 

I think I joined initially, because I had questions and it went from there - to connect perhaps? I really couldn't tell you. I'm sure others will come up with their reasons. 

Navid Z wrote:

Petra R wrote:

1. As for myself, I come here when I'm bored out of my mind I'm always willing to provide helpful advice to newbies.

2. I doubt clients go to the forum to find freelancers. As for the featured contributors, ask them how much work they found through being featured, and how much they were aggravated by emails asking them to reinstate their account or give them a job. Their ever shorter tenure is a testament, IMO, to how much fun it really is. 

Navid Z wrote:

Petra R wrote:

I got an job invitaion the other day and the client said they saw my forum post.

Viacheslav K wrote:

Navid Z wrote:

Petra R wrote:

I got an job invitaion the other day and the client said they saw my forum post.

I have hired people I met through the forum. 

Amanda said:

Watch out, or I'll start pestering you to hire me. After 101 proposals in 90 days, my hands are aching from RPI (repetitive proposal injury).

Robert Y wrote:

Amanda said:

Watch out, or I'll start pestering you to hire me. After 101 proposals in 90 days, my hands are aching from RPI (repetitive proposal injury).

None of them pestered me to hire them. I was impressed by their contributions to the forum and reached out to them for help in specific areas. Trust me, I've been privately messaged through the forum by many freelancers wanting a job. I've never even replied to those requests. 

My point was that networking can have a positive impact on revenue. 

Amanda L wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

Amanda said:

None of them pestered me to hire them. I was impressed by their contributions to the forum and reached out to them for help in specific areas. Trust me, I've been privately messaged through the forum by many freelancers wanting a job. I've never even replied to those requests. 

I was joking - I wouldn't dream of writing to anyone looking for work. You're right about networking. If I needed to hire someone, my first thought would be the people I've got to know in the forums.

Robert Y wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

Amanda said:

I was joking - I wouldn't dream of writing to anyone looking for work. You're right about networking. If I needed to hire someone, my first thought would be the people I've got to know in the forums.

I know you were joking, but there are people who come here who would take you seriously (!!!). 🙂

Amanda L wrote:

Viacheslav K wrote:

Navid Z wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Let's see when will some one hire me.

Thank you much for sharing this news. Truly, I got inspired by this speech. And it helps me to enhance my self-confidence and I will never give up and will try end to get a job.

Viacheslav K wrote:

Navid Z wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Man you are lucky.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Navid Z wrote:

My Qustion:

2- Is there any monetary benifit associated with them

1. Number of posts

Well, the last one on his list is an Upwork employee, so they do get paid for being here. 

roberty1y
Community Member

I came originally to ask questions, and I found it's the best way to find information about working on this platform. It's the only place you're going to get advice about working here if there's anything Upwork doesn't explain sufficiently well in its advice pages. I've been promoted to Community Guru, which doubles my pay, $0x2 = $0.

m_terrazas
Community Member

I showed up here to learn and ask. I kept coming back because what little I have learned can help others. And to be honest, because there are times when I have a great time.
And others, because you have to wage war on certain things ...

Okay, so I had to go back and look at what my first post on the forum was to remember why I came here. 

I was frustrated because clients wanted quotes in their job posts for the time it would take to do a job but without interviewing a client, I couldn't provide that. And I asked why we aren't able to ask questions before submitting a proposal. And someone explained to me about clients begin spammed, which of course, is true. 

And since then I learned to not respond to job posts without enough details and vet my clients far more carefully. Back then I didn't want to spend so many connects to get started, but in hindsight, knowing what I know about clients, the fact that they didn't post relevant details was a red flag anyway, so even if I had submitted a proposal, it would have gone nowhere or been a difficult client. 

That's why I came. I stayed for the ambience. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing what brought you to the Upwork Community and why you stuck around. It was interesting to read your stories. 

Navid, to answer your question about Community ranks I'm going to share a link to this post that talks about it in detail.

~ Valeria
Upwork
roberty1y
Community Member

Upwork has good instructions on how to use the site, but for more nuanced advice on how to handle particular situations, the forum is indispensable. There's a good search facility that allows you to find the thread that deals with the exact problem you have.

hanitriniony
Community Member

Hello Navid!  I think that your participation in upwork is the criteria for each badge. As far as I'm concern,  it is a way to describe you. I am here to increase my skills in using upwork, to get astuces and help,...

Best regards,

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We have recently retired the ranks discussed on this thread and you can find more information about it in this announcement.
I'll be closing this thread and we'll keep the community updated on any new developments with Community ranks. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths