cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Leader (Part 2!)

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
11 of 31

Alexander, I like that you are testing.  Testing is good, although hard in this case to determine results.  If you end up getting hired more is it because of that.  It is way below "the fold" as they used to say and how can you be even sure someone sees it.

I think everyone's experience here is different but the question I would ask myself is...

Would I even want a client who wants that $100.00?

Community Leader
Alexander B Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
12 of 31

I think most clients realize they will never get that $100 anyway. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks it's somewhat humorous. 

But yes you're right, the type of clients I'm going for probably wouldn't be enticed by a mere $100. 

Perhaps I should up the antee to $1000?

I'd really be making a statement then! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 31

Alexander B wrote:

I'm pretty sure everyone thinks it's somewhat humorous. 

Nope. It sounds somewhere between "cheap gimmick" and "desperate" with a touch of "used car salesman in Texas" thrown in for free - It also directly contradicts the "I don't respond to template invites" thing.

Its only saving grace is that hardly anyone reads that far.

Community Leader
Alexander B Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
14 of 31

Well I took out because someone reported me, and apparently offering to PAY clients outside of Upwork is a violation of the ToS! 

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
15 of 31

Alexander B wrote:

Well I took out because someone reported me, and apparently offering to PAY clients outside of Upwork is a violation of the ToS! 

Aw, I missed out on the hilarious part.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 31

Alexander B wrote:

Since this is becoming a thing, I'd like to announce that I'm Upwork's newest Community Leader.

It's my time to shine now.

My first decree is freelancers shall be allowed to message other freelancer using the actual Upwork platform, without having to use their client accounts.

My second decree is connects shall be refunded to freelancers who applied to a job posting where a client invites and hires a freelancer whom they've previously hired within the past 3 months. 

My third decree is the establishment of the annual "Million Upworker March", which shall take place every July 4th infront of Upwork's headquarters in California. 

Now go, go into the world and spread this gospel. 

Somewheeeeeere over the rainbow ... ROFL Alexander - I wonder if some freelancers do, in fact, pay clients in return for you know what.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
17 of 31

Nichola L wrote:

Somewheeeeeere over the rainbow ... ROFL Alexander - I wonder if some freelancers do, in fact, pay clients in return for you know what.

You know what what Nichola?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
18 of 31

Luce N schrieb:

Nichola L 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

What the freak? This got auto-translated to German, without my consent, what's going on please?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
19 of 31

Hi Martina,

I sent you a private message so we can discuss the quoted text being translated further.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
20 of 31

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Martina,

I sent you a private message so we can discuss the quoted text being translated further.

Thank you Vladimir, but I didn't receive it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS