cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Leader (Part 2!)

Community Leader
Alexander B Member Since: Mar 30, 2017
1 of 31

Since this is becoming a thing, I'd like to announce that I'm Upwork's newest Community Leader.

It's my time to shine now.

My first decree is freelancers shall be allowed to message other freelancer using the actual Upwork platform, without having to use their client accounts.

My second decree is connects shall be refunded to freelancers who applied to a job posting where a client invites and hires a freelancer whom they've previously hired within the past 3 months. 

My third decree is the establishment of the annual "Million Upworker March", which shall take place every July 4th infront of Upwork's headquarters in California. 

Now go, go into the world and spread this gospel. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 31

Congrats on your achievement! Life as you knew it will never be the same. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 31

OP, really now?  Eons ago there was used car dealer in LA who used a similar gimmick ... to 'auction' off kids up for adoption.  

"If I don’t respond to your invite within 24 hours, I promise to send you $100 through mail, Cash App, PayPal, or whatever service you prefer."

Yes, those words are on his profile ...

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
4 of 31

I can't believe you read all the way to the bottom!

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
5 of 31

Mark F wrote:

Well, so did I now! And now I know he climbs without a harness. So do I, btw, daily, my stairs. How's your Bollywood career coming along?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
6 of 31

Lots of LOLing at your comment, Mark.  Good snark.  Smiley Happy 

P.S. Speed reading can save your sanity -

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 31

Martina P wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Well, so did I now! And now I know he climbs without a harness. So do I, btw, daily, my stairs. How's your Bollywood career coming along?

I didn't until I saw Wendy's post. I got bored early and then thought, "Should that really happen with a copywriter's profile? That can't be a good sign."

Community Leader
8 of 31

Sue me, lmao. 

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
9 of 31

Slowly

Community Leader
10 of 31

Lol that's hillarious. Yes I realize the $100 thing may seem gimmicky.

I'm testing the idea out. And yeah my profile is really long, also testing that length.

Perhaps, as far as copywriters are concerned, letting your portfolio (results) and Upwork feedback (social proof) do most of the talking is better?

I appreciate your observations Wendy. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS