cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conspiracy theory or brilliant uncovering of sinister plot?

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 6

I've read in the threads about how some freelancers post jobs as clients to

see how the system works, but what IF freelancers are ACTUALLY posting

jobs disguising themselves as clients so that other freelancers will take the

bait and use up the bulk of their connects, leaving the road clear for the fake

client/freelancers to apply to the real jobs???? 

Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
2 of 6

s2pfum.jpg

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 6

lol There are really people who invite just to steal proposals. I kinda got the feels I got one of those last week. But I address invites differently than open market proposals, so it's kinda useless to do that to me.

I feel like conspiracy theories are the answer to all the things.

Here is a guy who thinks Google is giving him poor resolution because of face recognition.

Because you know, conspiracy theory.

Community Leader
Joshua M Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
4 of 6

Its actually not a conspiracy.

Infact, let me expound the topic with an even more sick revelation; once in a while you might come across job post that has very apealing and outlined content. Issue is the clients who post these do not have any job hiring history or sometimes new but verified. These client accounts belong to agency owners and they usually pool new freelancers to broker to other clients as if they are the ones hiring. Its really sickening considering that they usually just copy paste job posts and target not-so-familiar newb freelancer/clients.

Once they know that a ligitmate clients job post has little aplicants and is buried deep withing the job search, the fishing begins.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 6

Mariska,

I would be more then happy to post links (but for I would be in trouble) on hacking Upwork to make x amount of money and how to set up dummy accounts to search for web developers, The purpose behind this was to find out exactly what types of proposals other developers were submitting. The guy has stats, how many proposal he got from the fake job post ...

There are articles on oDesk, Elance and Upwork out there about setting up fake accounts to gain an advantage to see what your competition is bidding and writing.

Beenish R Member Since: Jun 8, 2015
6 of 6

I didn't know this! Smiley Surprised

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS