Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
781 of 842

A new wrinkle for USians: we just learned that the CDC and some states have been reporting combined results of viral and antibody tests. It's completely distorting the big picture so the public can't really know how many people are sick or how many have been exposed. And making it impossible for epidemiologists to interpret either result. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-dat...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
782 of 842

Navajo Nation, partially in my state of AZ, and in Utah and NM as well, now has the highest infection rate in the country at something like 2300 per 100k. The death rate is still surprisingly below Italy and Spain though at somewhere in the mid 40s.

Russia and Brazil are looking concerning as well.

I'm quite concerned about the amount of spikes we're going to see here two weeks from this Memorial Day weekend when it looks like many people are going to throw caution to the wind.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
783 of 842

Kelly B wrote:

Navajo Nation, partially in my state of AZ, and in Utah and NM as well, now has the highest infection rate in the country at something like 2300 per 100k. The death rate is still surprisingly below Italy and Spain though at somewhere in the mid 40s.

Russia and Brazil are looking concerning as well.

I'm quite concerned about the amount of spikes we're going to see here two weeks from this Memorial Day weekend when it looks like many people are going to throw caution to the wind.

I share your concern. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
784 of 842

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

I have to add that Norway only tests people that needs to be hospitalised and work in health care and had contact with a confirmed infection.

Hmmmm, it says here "Anyoone with symptoms and key groups?"

And overall, per million, Norway is testing in the same ballpark as other countries

tests per Million.png

Hospital staff got tested several times but so far they only 200 people out of 30k in my town. Most back in March and they closed the "Corona center" last week because noone was placed there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
785 of 842

4032.jpg

When can we stop practicing,  and start for real? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
786 of 842

15850706528305.jpgMakes sense.  Observe,  practice,  and then do. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
787 of 842

Petra R wrote:

Added Norway and New Zealand for Valerio and Jennifer Smiley Happy

Thank you!

In the last few days we had just a couple of reported cases mostly from one single known cluster. Life on this side of the world is almost back to normal, it's weird to check in and out every time you enter/leave a shop or bar, but we definitely cannot complain.

To spice things up, this morning we've been woken up by an earthquake.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
788 of 842

Valerio S wrote:

In the last few days we had just a couple of reported cases mostly from one single known cluster. Life on this side of the world is almost back to normal, it's weird to check in and out every time you enter/leave a shop or bar, but we definitely cannot complain.

Check in and out? How does that work? Is it just to make sure the maximum number of people is not exceeded or is there an actual ID check or recording of who was where when?

Valerio S wrote:To spice things up, this morning we've been woken up by an earthquake.

Hope nothing's broken Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Leader
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
789 of 842

Petra R wrote:

Valerio S wrote:

Check in and out? How does that work? Is it just to make sure the maximum number of people is not exceeded or is there an actual ID check or recording of who was where when?

The system is fairly easy, when you enter the premises you have to scan a QR code with an app and check-out when you leave, the data collected is only used (hopefully) if someone will test positive in order to trace all the people that he/she has been in contact with, in that case it would  prompt a message on your phone (I think, it didn't happen yet).

Some places are not using apps, but they ask you to fill a form with your contact details and the time when you arrived (no check-out though, which makes it rather useless).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
790 of 842

Valerio S wrote:

The system is fairly easy, when you enter the premises you have to scan a QR code with an app and check-out when you leave, the data collected is only used (hopefully) if someone will test positive in order to trace all the people that he/she has been in contact with, in that case it would  prompt a message on your phone (I think, it didn't happen yet).

I can see the tin-hat-brigade and the conspiracy theorists have a field day with that... Or do sensible countries not have those?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS