Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
831 of 842

It is a mess here in India.

Hospital beds are hard to find in the major cities, and they come at exorbitant rates.

Meds are being sold in the back market.

Lost an aunt to covid-19, and my sister and brother-in-law are infected, but fortunately, they are recovering without special care.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
832 of 842

Dear, dear Ravi - I am so sorry to hear that.  There is very little about India/ Covid in the news here but I feared it was really bad.  Come back to the US - I'm sure Carbondale misses you!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
833 of 842

In Europe, this is NOT a second wave, it is stilll the first.  Nobody has understood what must happen with the new economics. No - they had to allow the summer raves, the beach conglomerations, the airplane virus carriers. Money comes first right? 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
834 of 842

may that people know that they bear the virus but no. For them the fun, and for their neighbors the problems.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
835 of 842

No, Covid, understand, you are not, repeat, not, welcome everywhere.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
836 of 842

August has undone much of the good work Italy has done since May.

August means holidays and holidays means people behave terribly irresponsibly Smiley Sad

Back above 1000 new cases in 24 hours.

Sigh

Highlighted
Community Guru
837 of 842

School is keeping us from improving our numbers.  And the schools are not reporting cases, either among students or teachers, except in the general population numbers.  Rumor has it that our local high school has 125 people in quarantine but who know?  And are any of them teachers??

And now we're facing a tropical storm with a hurricane for dessert.  God help the poor people who have nowhere to go except to a shelter.  I wouldn't wish that on  my worst enemy.  And the shelters are telling everyone to bring their own masks, sanitizer, etc.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
838 of 842

Mary W wrote:

School is keeping us from improving our numbers.  And the schools are not reporting cases, either among students or teachers, except in the general population numbers.  Rumor has it that our local high school has 125 people in quarantine but who know?  And are any of them teachers??

And now we're facing a tropical storm with a hurricane for dessert.  God help the poor people who have nowhere to go except to a shelter.  I wouldn't wish that on  my worst enemy.  And the shelters are telling everyone to bring their own masks, sanitizer, etc.

Be careful!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
839 of 842

Valerio S wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Valerio S wrote:

After 100 days, Covid "finally" came back to New Zealand, the city of Auckland is in lockdown and the rest of the country is at alert level 2. The funny thing is, this all happened while we were booking our flights to back to Germany, for good.

So once again, I'm here with a flight to go back to Europe, hoping they're not going to cancel it...I feel there is a superior power in motion, trying to tell me to stay put.

Why would you want to go to Germany for good lol?

With a baby on the way, we wanted to be closer to friends and family (my wife is German), we've already lived in Hamburg for a couple of years and fell in love with the city, plus my wife has a very good job opportunity there so we decided it was time to go back and settle down.

I guess I'll have to ramp up my German and my tolerance for horrible weather.

Make sure you have daycare covered that is what really sucks in Germany and is the reason why I moved further north.

Highlighted
Community Guru
840 of 842

And now, our entire high school is quarantined for the next two weeks.  Trusting parents to send only healthy kids to school clearly doesn't work.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS