Coronavirus

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
11 of 583

Petra R wrote:

So, today this happens.

not so funny.jpg

We have it town as well and are waiting to be told to stay home. DH is working at one of the largest companies in town, hundreds of people were travelling last week because of a holiday, and there are 100+ kids in daycare...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
12 of 583

It's about 40km from my area, so it is only a matter of time. Italy has been badly hit. Stay safe Petra, wear a mask and wash your hands after (and during if possible) you've been among people or have to go shopping, and try not to  touch your face or rub your eyes (which I do all the time).unless your hands are washed.  

I don't know if this is appropriate here or not, but a certain president has just said and I quote: 

"I haven't touched my face in weeks. I miss it." 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
13 of 583

Nichola L wrote:

It's about 40km from my area, so it is only a matter of time. Italy has been badly hit. Stay safe Petra, wear a mask and wash your hands after (and during if possible) you've been among people or have to go shopping, and try not to  touch your face or rub your eyes (which I do all the time).unless your hands are washed.  

I don't know if this is appropriate here or not, but a certain president has just said and I quote: 

"I haven't touched my face in weeks. I miss it." 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
14 of 583

This is one of the best times to read one of those novels on how someone invented a virus to destroy an entire city, and some more.

I love those stories with so much passion.

I saw one really good one I'll soon cop the other day on Feedbooks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 583

Thanks all Smiley Happy

I am staying home and have ordered basics to be delivered, so I can avoid human contact as far as possible. (Essentially restrict it to the delivery driver...)

freezer is full at the moment as well so I can self-isolate in comfort.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
16 of 583

Petra R wrote:

Thanks all Smiley Happy

I am staying home and have ordered basics to be delivered, so I can avoid human contact as far as possible. (Essentially restrict it to the delivery driver...)

Stay safe!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
17 of 583

Petra R wrote:

so I can avoid human contact as far as possible.

Every cloud...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
18 of 583

Petra R wrote:

Thanks all Smiley Happy

Be careful with the delivery guy! I've seen movies about pizza deliveries you wouldn't believe! ---------- ah, nevermind.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 583

actually, delivery guy just rung doorbell, chucked everyone's parcels over the gate (the complex is gated) and drove off lol. I have unpacked, folded up the box (rather than leaving it out for the cats to play in as usual, washed hands and returned to computer witout any human contact. There will be 2 more delveries (tomorrow and Monday) - then I can theoretically completely self isolate.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
20 of 583

Stay safe everyone. There might be a lot of 'shared stress' globally at the moment, but preparation beats panic time and again. This too shall pass. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS