Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
811 of 813

Aleksandr S wrote:

As far as I could see it in my city, the lockdown was fake. Lots of people walking, going about their business, children playing with other children, queues on bus stops, crowds in churches and in metro, not keeping distance in shops. The criteria were not met. Can't say the same for other countries and cities though.

It was very widely observed here in Italy (I think the overall death and carnage of the early days really hit home hard.)

Restrictions have largely been lifted but numbers are staying low in Italy simply because people learned to socially distance responsibly. I've been worried with the rise in Spain and worry about the usual August madness here in Italy making people act irresponsibly. Germany is worried too because cases are creeping up. 

To be honest, I am still shielding. I go to the beach before dawn so the dog can run. I have not been in a shop of any kind since... February I believe. Let alone a bus etc.

This will not go away until there is a vaccine and a treatment.  We might as well get used to a "new normal"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
812 of 813

Petra R wrote:

It was very widely observed here in Italy (I think the overall death and carnage of the early days really hit home hard.)

Restrictions have largely been lifted but numbers are staying low in Italy simply because people learned to socially distance responsibly. I've been worried with the rise in Spain and worry about the usual August madness here in Italy making people act irresponsibly. Germany is worried too because cases are creeping up. 

To be honest, I am still shielding. I go to the beach before dawn so the dog can run. I have not been in a shop of any kind since... February I believe. Let alone a bus etc.

This will not go away until there is a vaccine and a treatment.  We might as well get used to a "new normal"

I think, for now, it is the best thing to do, if you can do it, of course.
We are also maintaining a "confinement" as much as possible.
We have no choice but to take buses to go shopping, but very few people move in them and we are all very aware to be careful. Actually, we are all like family.
Spain, I am afraid, will end with a new confinement. Things are going wrong, and August has not started Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
813 of 813

Maria T wrote:

We have no choice but to take buses to go shopping, but very few people move in them and we are all very aware to be careful. 

I am now 100% shopping online, while still supporting family owned businesses Smiley Happy

Trying to buy as much from those as possible, the rest comes from Amazon.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS